Isbar thread

Pics
I will have some soon. I finally figured out as I candled last night why I am having about 50% hatch rate- I pinned down which eggs are coming from which hen and apparently my rooster is not mating with one of my two hens. :/ He needs to figure things out pronto, I have people waiting on chicks LOL! May go trim vent feathers tonight and see if that helps.

Hi everyone. I am in PA and I am trying to find Isbar hatching eggs. Does anyone know where to find some other than ebay? I would much rather get them from a BYC member if I can. I can usually get more info on reviews and hatch rates this way.
Thanks!
Look up Richard Jordan Farms on google. He lives in Valdosta, Ga and has wonderful birds and a great facility. He has a good reputation.

Hi...ok...I've put several pix of some "rainbow" layers that I purchase from a farm...who got them from McMurry hatchery. Included was a "rare breed"...

This particular chick is "blue"...nice lavendar gray. Single comb, dark legs...the consensus has been...Astrolaup or Andulusian (excuse my spelling)...

But, just saw a string on facebook about...the Isbar and there is a blue variety of this breen. Could THIS be what I have? Here is an older pix. I'll try to post one that is more recent. These she's about 4 week here. She's now about 8...

I seriously doubt you would get an Isbar from a hatchery. But it's possible. Hard to tell at this age These are blue isbar chicks at about 1 1/2 weeks old. I don't think the face of yours looks enough like this to be an Isbar. Aren't austrolorps usually black? Maybe there is a blue variety I'm not familiar with. I do not know anything about andalusians. It could be a low quality Isbar or an Isbar mix. Post pictures in about a month and maybe we can tell for sure!

okay guys I'm curious I've been really excited about my isbars but my hen is now 13 month old has never laid an egg. I know she's not an egg either and I have play several eggs in with her and she has not eaten them. you'll have any suggestions cause I'm seriously about to sell them, and I really don't want to but if she's not going to lay me an egg then there's no purpose in having her. makes me so sad.

Wow that's crazy!!!! Is she contained or have access to the yard? Is it possible she's stashing her eggs somewhere? I would confine her to the henhouse for a few days and see if she lays. If there is any chance of an egg eater maybe you could try a rollaway system so eggs are not accessible.

Back
Top Bottom