Isbar thread

Pics
Lawatt, loved seeing the pictures of your fowl family. Thanks for sharing. What color do you expect the eggs to be in an isbar/maran cross?
Longgrove, would love to see a picture of your splash roo.

I have a couple Isbar cockerels I need to sell. I have a beautiful black and a blue. I am located in NC. I have a splash pullet that has been laying several weeks now. They were all hatched in February.

Lawatt, loved seeing the pictures of your fowl family. Thanks for sharing. What color do you expect the eggs to be in an isbar/maran cross?

I'm guessing they will be a darker green/olive, but time will tell! they are 11 weeks old today, so will be a few more months (at least) before i see any eggs... i got all of them from Miss Molly here on BYC, she may have some crosses that are already at point of lay.

Nemo finally laid her first egg today! Beautiful moss green. I love it! She surprised me. I thought my Naked Necks would lay first! She is 27 1/2 weeks old. Can't get photos to work.
So, my Isbar started laying eggs a couple of weeks ago. Well, now she is broody! OMG! First I have to wait forever to get eggs from her, and now this! I will be getting some Marans and EEs hatching eggs to put under her. She is sitting on plastic eggs right now. Ugh! I lost 7 hens this month to predators. One to a hawk and the rest to a bear! I don't have that many chickens left, and now I am egg poor! Got rid of a mean roo today, too. I need more chickens!

I'm guessing they will be a darker green/olive, but time will tell! they are 11 weeks old today, so will be a few more months (at least) before i see any eggs... i got all of them from Miss Molly here on BYC, she may have some crosses that are already at point of lay.
I crossed my Americauna hen with my Welsummer roo with the specific goal of seeing what color the eggs will be. They are about 4 months old and I think I have 2 hens, so we'll see. I'm thinking they will be green. I have Isbars (2 roos & 3 hens) that are also about 4 months old so I will compare egg colors amongst them!

I wish I had found this thread before. I have bid on so many Isbar eggs but usually the price just goes too high for me. I finally won a few. They came from Louisiana. 4 of them had somewhat intact air cells. There are 7 eggs. They are due to hatch on 13 Sep. I am so excited. I hate waiting. If these don't hatch, is there anyone driving distance from Tuscaloosa AL that sells Hatching eggs?

I wish I had found this thread before. I have bid on so many Isbar eggs but usually the price just goes too high for me. I finally won a few. They came from Louisiana. 4 of them had somewhat intact air cells. There are 7 eggs. They are due to hatch on 13 Sep. I am so excited. I hate waiting. If these don't hatch, is there anyone driving distance from Tuscaloosa AL that sells Hatching eggs?

I got one out of the batch.

I got one out of the batch.

i recently set 12 shipped isbar eggs in my brand-new incubator, and had only one hatch, too (a splash) -- fortunately i'd put a cross-breed egg from my own laying flock in as well, so there are two to keep each other company:

hope your one chick does well!

Back
Top Bottom