Isbar thread

Pics
Here is one of my Isbar eggs in the incubator, next to others for comparison:

From the top to the bottom, they are Isbar (top left), lavender orpington (middle right), lavender orpington in an odd blue egg (middle left), wheaten maran (bottom right).
I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but the Isbar eggs almost look grey in comparison with the light blue eggs.

Do you know how many of each you are supposed to have? I don't know the bresse at all, but the last 2 look like my gff Isbars from this year

Do you know how many of each you are supposed to have? I don't know the bresse at all, but the last 2 look like my gff Isbars from this year

Yes and no. My sister was told 4 Bresse and 5 isbars. There are only 7 chicks. 4 black, 2 blue and 1 splash. So the answer is no. I don't have any good numbers as to how many of each breed. It is going to be a surprise.

So it is week two of guess that breed. Some of these birds are Blue Isbars, and some are Blue Bresse. No I don't know who is who and I don't know how many of each breed there are because the numbers don't match what my sister was told was sent to her. So if you think you know who is who I would love your opinion. Thanks for the help!

I am tempted to believe that chicks 1 and 2 are Bresse and 3 and 4 are Isbars. What do you think?

Personally I am leaning towards chicks 5 and 7 are Bresse and chick 6 is an Isbar.

Last edited:
I don't have experience with the breed but here is a pic of my Isbar chick (a very light version, I think)

I don't have experience with the breed but here is a pic of my Isbar chick (a very light version, I think)
How old is your splash Isbar now? She is pretty! I noticed it also has the dark legs with the light feet like my middle blue bird.

Last edited:
She is only 3 days in the picture, and she now 6 days old. So you think that she's a splash? I wasn't sure why she was so light, but that makes sense; thanks!

She is only 3 days in the picture, and she now 6 days old. So you think that she's a splash? I wasn't sure why she was so light, but that makes sense; thanks!
Definitely a splash. I wish I could tell you the sex but the Isbars are very difficult to sex. I am working on finishing the autosexing feature that was intended for the Isbars. The world needs an autosexing green egg layer.

Back
Top Bottom