Isbar thread

Pics
Can't wait... thinking about getting a few started pairs or trios from someone on BYC around Christmas... we'll see, maybe I'll get a Christmas present from my parents!

My main goal would be to improve the overall breed by mixing in other lines right here in the US, maybe some Omega Hills with GFF and breeders mixed in... and of course some breeders right here in the Midwest... I won't try to breed for anything special, the obvious things of course, egg production, color, no defects, correct combs, etc..

Hello Isbar Breeders and Keepers. I just got a Splash trio of two pullets and a suspected roo, and have some BBS Isbar eggs going into incubation tomorrow. My trio is about 3 months old. I will be reading through this thread for info. I am new to the breed, but love their story and temperament. So sweet! I am planing to breed them.

My wee little trio out in the big kid coop briefly.

Nice. It looks like you have a cockerel. Let us know when your pullets start laying and maybe treat us to a picture of the eggs. We wish you success with your Isbar flock.

Who has crossed Isbar X Marans and can give info as to egg color in the cross? I have heard a lot of conflicting information. Thanks in advance!

I have one girl who is an isbar x marans (used to have her sister as well), and she lays a VERY olive-colored egg -- kind of a grayish green, sometimes speckled, sometimes not.

her egg is second from the right in the top row

I can not wait for the egg laying phase! I promise to post pictures. I also have 5 BBS Isbar eggs in the incubator from the same breeder. They are a light, slightly dull, olive shade. I also have some Marans eggs, which I mention because lawatt's cross project. I am thinking of crossing Marans with Isbar, and also maybe with Ameraucana. I plan to study them extensively before I decide.

Back
Top Bottom