Isbar thread

Pics
I contacted GFF about my isbar that was supposed to be a bresse and they said it's definitely an Isbar. I told them I realize it's an Isbar but is it pure? Had they seen any of the chest coloring in any of their birds, and of coarse I never got a reply back.

I did find some pictures of tailed araucanas. I'm guessing that the new line of isbars has a lot of their blood in them. Look at the chest compared to my guy

My guy

I was thinking of keeping my roo to breed as I really like him and I kind of like the larger size as I eat my extra Roos. I got 2 blue isbar chicks from another breeder from the old line as I was hoping for a pullet for him. Now I see chambe94's pullet and I have one that looks just like it. She was also sent as a bresse. I have no way of knowing what I have anymore
1f612.png
. I really need to cull and can't tell what I have, not to mention my whole plans for spring are all messed up.

Anyway can you all chime in as to what color your Isbars earlobes are? My black roo has red but I looked online and some blues look to have white and some red. thanks
I have some cockerels with the lacing on the chest, both original line and new line. I don't think it is as prominant on the original line. I am going to try to get some new pictures of my juvies soon. My rooster's earlobes are bluish-white, I think.

Anyway can you all chime in as to what color your Isbars earlobes are? My black roo has red but I looked online and some blues look to have white and some red. thanks
My blue has white. I'll have to go look at the splash. Two of my splash hens have red and lay more of a light sage green egg with speckles (one white specks, one lays tan specks). The splash hen with white earlobes lays a lovely minty green egg. Can't recall what the blue hens have.

Thanks KYTinpusher and Ihilani Coffee! Correct me if I'm wrong but the old line pretty much came in the birchen type for the males but not necessarily so in the new line?

Has anyone seen this red coloring in any of their Isbars...or bresse?

Here is a pullet I think may be an isbar

Anyone have any thoughts on what this one may be?

Thanks

Thanks KYTinpusher and Ihilani Coffee! Correct me if I'm wrong but the old line pretty much came in the birchen type for the males but not necessarily so in the new line?

Has anyone seen this red coloring in any of their Isbars...or bresse?

Here is a pullet I think may be an isbar

Anyone have any thoughts on what this one may be?
This one looks like Blue Bresse to me. If you look at the pictures on GFF website, their roo is showing the white/cream on the wings and in the saddle area.

Thanks

Last edited:
I only have 4 Isbars, but there is red bleeding in a cockerel and a pullet. As to earlobes, 3 of them have some white in the earlobe, I believe my black pullet has a blackish earlobe but it hints at turning red. She is sort of gypsy faced.

I hate to comment on the blue cockerel above since I'm not familiar with the Bresse. But he has the similar color to my lighter blue cockerel.

As to type and color, I suggest everyone that hasn't, go to feathersite and check out the type and color of Isbars there. They are all beefy looking to some extent for a layer, with the exception of the younger ones pictured from Greenfire. Roosters definitely have bleeding in the shoulders and are more of the birchen pattern than solids.

3 isbar eggs due on tues. Only placed three because it is all I had at the time. lost the roo.

My condolences on the loss of your Roo.
I wish you a 100% healthy happy hatching!
Hope to see picks of three chicks!

Last edited:
why thank
hugs.gif
you. would be nice. they did get cold at one point with the hen situation I had 2 battling over who got them but the winner was fickle that is why they came in the house., but I am hopeful.

up date- one egg was stinky.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom