Isbar thread

Hello all! New to this thread. I have been trying to read many of your posts - which have been very helpful I must say. Anyway, I have 3 Isbar's that I hatched. I came out with one blue, one black and one splash. I am 99.9% certain the splash is a pullet. I thought that both the blue and the black were cockerel's. Now I am not so sure. The black is developing definite hackles, starting to grow tail feathers. The blue is not showing any of the same development. What threw me is that the splash has no real comb to speak of or wattles. The blue does have comb development but it is rather pale. The black has comb and wattles that are more developed than the blue and they are much more red. So I guess my question is, do the different color variations develop any differently? This group is is almost exactly 4 months old. Would love to hear everyone's experiences with development. Thanks!

Hello all!  New to this thread.  I have been trying to read many of your posts - which have been very helpful I must say.  Anyway, I have 3 Isbar's that I hatched.  I came out with one blue, one black and one splash.  I am 99.9% certain the splash is a pullet.  I thought that both the blue and the black were cockerel's.   Now I am not so sure.  The black is developing definite hackles, starting to grow tail feathers.  The blue is not showing any of the same development.  What threw me is that the splash has no real comb to speak of or wattles.  The blue does have comb development but it is rather pale.  The black has comb and wattles that are more developed than the blue and they are much more red.  So I guess my question is, do the different color variations develop any differently? This group is is almost exactly 4 months old.  Would love to hear everyone's experiences with development.  Thanks!

Will you post up some photo's? Here is 2 hen's, hopefully

Hello all! New to this thread. I have been trying to read many of your posts - which have been very helpful I must say. Anyway, I have 3 Isbar's that I hatched. I came out with one blue, one black and one splash. I am 99.9% certain the splash is a pullet. I thought that both the blue and the black were cockerel's. Now I am not so sure. The black is developing definite hackles, starting to grow tail feathers. The blue is not showing any of the same development. What threw me is that the splash has no real comb to speak of or wattles. The blue does have comb development but it is rather pale. The black has comb and wattles that are more developed than the blue and they are much more red. So I guess my question is, do the different color variations develop any differently? This group is is almost exactly 4 months old. Would love to hear everyone's experiences with development. Thanks!
Most likely the black is a cockerel and the others are pullets. At 4 months you're likely to know with clarity with the characteristics you have described. Photos will help us help you.

I got a question, I bought some day old isbars all blue and black, but some of the black are completely black with no yellow at all are these isbars or did we get a different breed mixed in?

Just learned about the Isbars.... interested in them because of the egg color of course ;)

Can someone tell me how the breed originated and if there are breeders in the Midwest? Particularly Northern Illinois area?

Are they good layers?

Just learned about the Isbars.... interested in them because of the egg color of course ;)

Can someone tell me how the breed originated and if there are breeders in the Midwest? Particularly Northern Illinois area?

Are they good layers?
Our Isbars are great layers. Very feed efficient, laying lots of large green eggs from a medium-sized bird. Google will get you a quick history of Martin Silverudd who developed the breed in Sweden.

I got a question, I bought some day old isbars all blue and black, but some of the black are completely black with no yellow at all are these isbars or did we get a different breed mixed in?
I have black chicks both with and without the yellow chins. It tells you one of the genes they are caring, but now I will have to look it up. :)

Can you share information on some of the reputable people to buy Isbar eggs from? Or a few chicks?
I live in northern Illinois...should I be concerned about shipping eggs from a long distance?

Any breeders in my area?

Back
Top Bottom