Isbar thread

I have a feeling one of these may be a little roo....thoughts?

My blue ended up being a roo....which I can not keep. He went to a friend who has a blue pullet to do his duty to make babies. The splash one was doing fine. Then I came home this evening to find her dead. She hasn't shown any signs of sickness. It was very sudden. The temps outside were upper 50's to mid 70's all day and she had a heater that provided warmth in the 80's. She was five and a half weeks old. There was a small red area on her side...but no signs of trauma. There was a wasp seen in the coop the other day. I'm angry, devastated, and confused. What on earth could have happened. Everyone else in the coop looks just fine.

TD Lea I am so very sorry for your loss :(

The red mark makes me wonder if the chick didnt get bit by the wasp. I have never heard of it but anything is possible.

My heart goes out to you.

My blue ended up being a roo....which I can not keep. He went to a friend who has a blue pullet to do his duty to make babies. The splash one was doing fine. Then I came home this evening to find her dead. She hasn't shown any signs of sickness. It was very sudden. The temps outside were upper 50's to mid 70's all day and she had a heater that provided warmth in the 80's. She was five and a half weeks old. There was a small red area on her side...but no signs of trauma. There was a wasp seen in the coop the other day. I'm angry, devastated, and confused. What on earth could have happened. Everyone else in the coop looks just fine.

Everyone seems to be fine this morning. I hope it was just a single isolated tragic event. Thank you for your kind words. It seems silly to get emotional over a bird. The Isbar were kind of my holy grail bird. They are so great. I am on the look out for another privilege to own one.

Back
Top Bottom