Isbar thread

That looks like a dark blue cockerel, but a little hard to tell with the bright sun.  It looks like darker lacing on his chest feathers.

I originally thought my cockerel was a black. His "fluff" was black. I do think you are right Ihilani, his lower feathering looks dark blue. I will try another photo for everyone's review.

Last edited:
Quote: If his tail feathers have a flat finish to them, then he is dark blue. If they are shiny with a green or purple sheen to them, then he is black. He is very handsome either way. Your splash girl is very pretty, but has a squirrel tail. Do your best to breed the squirrel tail out of your breeding stock as you work with them. Very nice egg color! Keep us updated on your breeding progress.

If his tail feathers have a flat finish to them, then he is dark blue. If they are shiny with a green or purple sheen to them, then he is black. He is very handsome either way. Your splash girl is very pretty, but has a squirrel tail. Do your best to breed the squirrel tail out of your breeding stock as you work with them. Very nice egg color! Keep us updated on your breeding progress.

Thank you for the input. He is definitely a dark blue. So, I have a couple questions. First the pair that I have I hatched from shipped eggs. I would suspect I should probably not use these two as a breeding pair as they were hatch mates, correct? Second as I suspect this to be the case and I should work on the tails can you recommend a good breeder who sells hatching eggs? I am probably not going to be ready to hatch until later summer so I am not in a rush. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom