Isbar thread

this guy would be light blue then.
THAT is a gorgeous Isbar IMO!!!
Yes he is.. So is this dude a blue? Anther member has him now, but we have the younger brother.. However not for much longer of he keeps freaking out when I get at night,. We put him up out of respect for the neighbors.. Even with the no crow colar, he goes off at 5 am.. Now that summer is coming it will be 4 am..

Yes, he is a dark blue. Very handsome.
thumbsup.gif
Would you say blue birchen with gold leakage? Generally they are one or the other and this guy has both gold and silver. In the USA we keep saying blue like they are straight BBS, but I've never seen an Isbar cock/erel that was straight BBS. They're all birchens, yet the hens do not express birchen markings. Curious. Very curious.

Quote: I agree, very curious indeed. Some of the hens do have silver or gold hackles, especially in the new import, but certainly not as pronounced as say a good Birchen Marans hen. One of my original import line hens is getting some as she gets older, but only a little gold under her chin. Both silver and gold markings on both sexes are acceptable in the preservation group in Sweden. I think it is time to try to explore the genetic color make-up of the Isbar as, I agree, they don't fit in the straight BBS and I wouldn't want to try to make them. We need to know what we should be aiming for.

I did have a couple of people mention to me that they had solid black cockerels that they believed were Isbar. One asked for my opinion next time I was going to be at the swap, but I haven't been there since, so I haven't seen it other than pictures. Too hard to even make an educated guess from that.

Do any of you guys have any theories as to what Silverrudd was missing in his quest for the autosexing factor with Isbars?
What could be bred into them to accomplish that and not upset the egg color?

Do any of you guys have any theories as to what Silverrudd was missing in his quest for the autosexing factor with Isbars?
What could be bred into them to accomplish that and not upset the egg color?

I think the key is the hybrid offspring of the Rhodebar and the legbar. But then we will have red isbars sometimes.

We know the BBS are not at all autosexing. I wonder about the reds. That may have been his plan. In GFF's description of Isbars, they did kinda leave a door open to colors other than BBS that may be auto sexing. Idk. I want everyones thoughts and opinions

Back
Top Bottom