Isbar thread

My Isbar Roo is almost 16 weeks, he's mounting my hens however hasn't crowed yet! And he is sweeter and more social with my kids, husband and dogs, than my hens are! LOL!

If you're talking about mine, I like my other cockerel better.  He's got a big comb and wattle.  Come to think, should they have single combs?  That's what my other cockerel has.  (though the little punk is still really proud of his crowing.  At least he's too small for the crow to be really loud right now). 

That one'll have to be rehomed; I've only got 2 isbar pullets-not enough for 2 boys to share.

Yes to both questions: I was referring to your cockerel, and this breed should always have single combs (though I've heard of 2nd import birds with pea combs, which are considered undesirable).

Last edited:
Can someone post some pictures of their Isbars eggs, I'm thinking about getting some next year.

Also which color do you all prefer better Blue or Black??

So my ISBAR Roo Clyde finally started crowing, it sounded terrible
1f602.png
LOL! More like a clown honking a squeaky horn! He is sweet as can be still to this day does not leave his flock sister Bonnie, side. They are inseparable. My husband not only jinxed us with a Roo naming them Bonnie & Clyde, but it is definitely these two against the entire flock! And he's gettin some pretty green on his back to! Woohoooo!
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Can someone post some pictures of their Isbars eggs, I'm thinking about getting some next year.

Also which color do you all prefer better Blue or Black??

I'm still waiting on eggs, so I don't have any to show you, unfortunately, but to answer your other question, I think ALL the colors look amazing. Overall, black is my favorite so far (I don't have any splash birds...yet). I love the green, blue, and purple tones that just pop when the sunlight hits their feathers. It's one of those things you have to see to believe.

So my ISBAR Roo Clyde finally started crowing, it sounded terrible
1f602.png
LOL! More like a clown honking a squeaky horn! He is sweet as can be still to this day does not leave his flock sister Bonnie, side. They are inseparable. My husband not only jinxed us with a Roo naming them Bonnie & Clyde, but it is definitely these two against the entire flock! And he's gettin some pretty green on his back to! Woohoooo!
[/IMG]

LOVE the names and the pictures! I'm glad to hear you finally got a little noise out of your guy. Those first crows are TOO funny!

The breeder who sells Isbars near me is having some ridiculous discounts right now!! I almost want to buy right now! I'd have to convince my dad first

The breeder who sells Isbars near me is having some ridiculous discounts right now!! I almost want to buy right now! I'd have to convince my dad first

I've never seen those prices on Silverudd Blue. They may not be pure bred. I would suggest you do your research so you know what you are looking at and can tell if it is truly what they say it is.

Back
Top Bottom