Isbar thread

We are in Michigan (Dewitt - just outside of Lansing) and have been hatching out Silverrudd Blue (formerly Isbar).  The person that I purchased the flock from sold chicks for $15 each unsexed, and pullets for $35 each.  I'd like to find what others are pricing their birds for.  As well, I have a few pullets that I can let go as well as a couple of roosters if there's any interest!  

Houston are you birds first or second imports ?

Here is my lovely pair. Finally got my rooster back from my cousin. Left the larger of my two isbar cockerels with my cousin. His comb had a funky dent in the front, plus my cousin said he was the mean one. This is the one I decided on.
he is so much larger than the last time I saw him!

Last edited:
I just hatched out 3 of these 2 black and a blue as well as silkie-isbar crosses can't wait until they grow out seem sweet! One was fast asleep on my daughter's lap this afternoon

Well, wee late in the year of updating things but I figured ChicKat would like to hear it ^^;

We bought 10 isbar chicks this early spring, due to someone :rolleyes: (not saying who) left a heat light unplugged we lost half. Time skip to fall we have five total, three hens and one rooster. Out of the rooster we have one that is blue with red leakage (obvious Marian influence) and a black one that built is...yea ahem stew pot. Out of the hens we have one lovely blue hen (but she lays brown eggs :he ) and two black hens, one playing green one laying white tinted. Well last week we had a coon visit, and our blue rooster was wounded internally and will be put down tomorrow probably as he isn't getting better :/ . So long story short this year was a sour start. We do still plan on acquiring more birds (may of hit the jackpot of incubators :yesss: ) and hopefully grow our flock. Hoping to also hunt down the standard on the FB page so I can try to breed to standard also but is anyone actually doing it? And is there any future plans of having them recognize?

Well, wee late in the year of updating things but I figured ChicKat would like to hear it ^^;

We bought 10 isbar chicks this early spring, due to someone
roll.png
(not saying who) left a heat light unplugged we lost half. Time skip to fall we have five total, three hens and one rooster. Out of the rooster we have one that is blue with red leakage (obvious Marian influence) and a black one that built is...yea ahem stew pot. Out of the hens we have one lovely blue hen (but she lays brown eggs
he.gif
) and two black hens, one playing green one laying white tinted. Well last week we had a coon visit, and our blue rooster was wounded internally and will be put down tomorrow probably as he isn't getting better
hmm.png
. So long story short this year was a sour start. We do still plan on acquiring more birds (may of hit the jackpot of incubators
yesss.gif
) and hopefully grow our flock. Hoping to also hunt down the standard on the FB page so I can try to breed to standard also but is anyone actually doing it? And is there any future plans of having them recognize?
It's good to hear you post!! but it is sad to hear what you have been through -- that is just plain awful.
th.gif

Wow -- I hope that ALL the worst is going to be totally behind you now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regarding Isbar laying the wrong color.... I actually have an Isbar who is a nice enough bird, but she lays a brown egg (surprise). Paired with a green-egg genetics male -- the offspring should lay green eggs. For my part, I would prefer the farthest differentation and variety in the egg basket, so a brownish-green, a bluish-green, a speckled green.... for my viewpoint, all the better.

Hooray for you for not being discouraged!

Back
Top Bottom