Isbar thread

Total shipped was 33, 28 remaining. Lost 2 Isbars, 2 Legbars, and 1 Twentse, 3 in transit, 2 within 24 hours of arrival. Was the first time I've had chicks shipped in, usually I do shipped eggs.
I'm sorry to hear that. I've never had birds shipped---obviously I'm that crazy gambling lady who just buys shipped eggs relentlessly! Will whoever shipped them replace?

Yeah, we opted for credit towards another purchase this fall, not crazy about summer shipping.

That sounds smart. I'm shocked that so many people/companies are still shipping eggs and birds. If I ordered now, I'd probably have a fried chicken and hard boiled eggs by the time they got to GA. :th

That sounds smart. I'm shocked that so many people/companies are still shipping eggs and birds. If I ordered now, I'd probably have a fried chicken and hard boiled eggs by the time they got to GA. :th
Yeah, right now I think chicks fare better than eggs in shipping since chicks are better warm and eggs are better cooled. My biggest beef is when then post office sells a shipper overnight delivery and then takes three days to get them to their destination. I would be much happier if they honestly said, "I can't sell you overnight shipping right now, it just won't get there in time." :)

Yeah, right now I think chicks fare better than eggs in shipping since chicks are better warm and eggs are better cooled. My biggest beef is when then post office sells a shipper overnight delivery and then takes three days to get them to their destination. I would be much happier if they honestly said, "I can't sell you overnight shipping right now, it just won't get there in time." :)
YES. The post office is such a mess. I think people need to start making claims on overnight guaranteed delivery from all carriers---my friend just cancelled her Blue Apron delivery bc FedEx would just sit on her fresh food box for days. :he I am fortunate that I'm rural enough that I know my postal carrier and can text her when I'm expecting eggs. I'm also getting really good at bossing egg sellers around about making sure they mark packages well: NO x-ray! Fragile Hatching Eggs! Hold at post office! and put my phone number in sharpie on the outside. It's so stressful.

I tried this on one of the breed/gender threads, but failed miserably. I figured this is the best group to be able to pick out the Isbars since you all adore them! Which of these look like Isbars? (Could be Olive Egger from Amerucana x Little Peddler French Black Copper Maran) or Isbars from 1st import lines.
8 chicks...at least 3...maybe 4 should be Isbars.
Youngest chick is 4 weeks... most of these are 5-7weeks.
Would love a guess at gender if you have one. I have been reading and learning trying my best to learn the "description" of an Isbar, but am confused by some things.
I apologize if it is confusing. I tried to keep this as easy to follow as possible.
Here are MY notes and guesses. See how do you think I did:
1) (clean leg) Isbar Roo IMG_6411.JPG IMG_6412.JPG
2) (clean leg) Thinking OE because of barring on feathers? Clearly a roo. Such a sweet one too! 43E965FD-54B1-4AE2-8841-11A1DD07907A.jpg IMG_6376.JPG
3) So confused. Color makes me think Isbar hen but has light feathering on legs and seems to have a few feathers sticking up on head?? 8975100D-8EC1-4C75-85A4-53072838AE23.jpg IMG_6397.JPG
4) Roo with feathered leg. Again, barring makes me think not an Isbar...so OE? IMG_6383.JPG
5) Thinking and hoping Isbar hen...thought splash but no splashing showing yet? Clean leg. IMG_6380.JPG IMG_6381.JPG
6) clean leg. Thinking Isbar Roo? IMG_6413.JPG
7) Thinking OE hen due to facial markings? IMG_6384.JPG 89FB50AC-3AAE-4F82-A13E-E4F8134170F6.jpg
8) Thinking Isbar hen? EFBD9153-8334-4173-AC33-85FC6AB519EB.jpg
Thank you so much for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_6386.JPG
    IMG_6386.JPG
    642.6 KB · Views: 7
I tried this on one of the breed/gender threads, but failed miserably. I figured this is the best group to be able to pick out the Isbars since you all adore them! Which of these look like Isbars? (Could be Olive Egger from Amerucana x Little Peddler French Black Copper Maran) or Isbars from 1st import lines.
8 chicks...at least 3...maybe 4 should be Isbars.
Youngest chick is 4 weeks... most of these are 5-7weeks.
Would love a guess at gender if you have one. I have been reading and learning trying my best to learn the "description" of an Isbar, but am confused by some things.
I apologize if it is confusing. I tried to keep this as easy to follow as possible.
Here are MY notes and guesses. See how do you think I did:
1) (clean leg) Isbar RooView attachment 1048421View attachment 1048422
2) (clean leg) Thinking OE because of barring on feathers? Clearly a roo. Such a sweet one too! View attachment 1048401View attachment 1048413
3) So confused. Color makes me think Isbar hen but has light feathering on legs and seems to have a few feathers sticking up on head?? View attachment 1048402View attachment 1048420
4) Roo with feathered leg. Again, barring makes me think not an Isbar...so OE? View attachment 1048417
5) Thinking and hoping Isbar hen...thought splash but no splashing showing yet? Clean leg. View attachment 1048414View attachment 1048416
6) clean leg. Thinking Isbar Roo?View attachment 1048424
7) Thinking OE hen due to facial markings?View attachment 1048418View attachment 1048427
8) Thinking Isbar hen?View attachment 1048412
Thank you so much for any help!

I want to say from the start that I am by no means the expert, but will attempt to make some guesses.
It looks like your OE's were made with CCL and Marans. CCL contribute the crest and the barring. The marans contribute the feathered legs, though all the offspring don't have to have feathered legs. Eye color for a marans is golden. I don't see the beards and muffs of an americauna on any of them. 1st import Silverudd's hopefully have big dark eyes.

My guesses-
#1-SB cockerel
#2-OE cockerel
#3-OE probably pullet
#4-OE cockerel
#5-SB cockerel
#6-SB cockerel
#7-SB pullet (It sometimes takes a bit to be all black).
#8-SB pullet

I want to say from the start that I am by no means the expert, but will attempt to make some guesses.
It looks like your OE's were made with CCL and Marans. CCL contribute the crest and the barring. The marans contribute the feathered legs, though all the offspring don't have to have feathered legs. Eye color for a marans is golden. I don't see the beards and muffs of an americauna on any of them. 1st import Silverudd's hopefully have big dark eyes.

My guesses-
#1-SB cockerel
#2-OE cockerel
#3-OE probably pullet
#4-OE cockerel
#5-SB cockerel
#6-SB cockerel
#7-SB pullet (It sometimes takes a bit to be all black).
#8-SB pullet

Cree57i, thank you so much for your response and guesses. I agree it does seem more like a CLB crossed with a maran for the OE...that would explain many of their features.
I don't think they gave me 5 SB...I think 4 max.
As for what you think are the SB, do you think
1 is blue
5 is splash
6,7,8 are all black?
Would anyone else care to weigh in too?

First I should tell you that @cree57i was 100% accurate on my SB, so all deference there... I have never had a blue so I can't weigh in on 1, 5 is a darker splash than mine, 6 yes, 8 looks most like my SB pullet, but 7 is throwing me off--I think it's the slightly tufted feathers on its face. My SB pullet is black with some very fine white feathering in its neck only.

Hope y'all are here next week! I've got two SB in lockdown. Hoping they hatch. Just learned my incubator was acting up (thanks Brinsea) so I've lost quite a few including one tiny black SB that I egg-topsied last night. :hit

First I should tell you that @cree57i was 100% accurate on my SB, so all deference there... I have never had a blue so I can't weigh in on 1, 5 is a darker splash than mine, 6 yes, 8 looks most like my SB pullet, but 7 is throwing me off--I think it's the slightly tufted feathers on its face. My SB pullet is black with some very fine white feathering in its neck only.

Hope y'all are here next week! I've got two SB in lockdown. Hoping they hatch. Just learned my incubator was acting up (thanks Brinsea) so I've lost quite a few including one tiny black SB that I egg-topsied last night. :hit

Thanks, Livhatcher! Sorry to read about your incubator issues. I look forward to seeing your chicks soon.

So on 5...you say mine is darker than your splash. Do you think mine isnt a splash..,maybe a light blue? I was sure it was a splash when it arrived, but as time has passed, I question it. When should the darker splashes usually appear?
Also 7, I am thrown on her too. She is more tufted than yours?

Back
Top Bottom