Isbar thread

Here are my girls. I could not get a decent pic of Jester as she never stands still. Pearl on the other hand, is happy to pose:
IMG_8461.JPG IMG_8464.JPG IMG_8471.JPG
First two are Pearl. Jester was in the sun and her color does not show but the two are almost identical except for the comb. Jester's comb has the flop over thing going on!
Doesn't Pearl have the sweetest face. Such a lovely expression!

3F630BFB-D7A7-4FBF-BD65-7E3B28B1C06F.jpeg
Is this little guy/gal an Isbar? I ordered 3 isbar chicks and received a blue, a splash and a black. The black looks like s/he has barring on the wings, as well as a white spot on the head. Shouldn’t they be all black?

hello! I just got 3 Silverudd chicks as well. They are all roughly 3.5 weeks old. The black chick is showing white feather development on the chest and the in the wings..just a few but I didn't think they had any white feathering. The first primary feathers are also white. Is that normal?
20190326_140140.jpg

hello! I just got 3 Silverudd chicks as well. They are all roughly 3.5 weeks old. The black chick is showing white feather development on the chest and the in the wings..just a few but I didn't think they had any white feathering. The first primary feathers are also white. Is that normal? View attachment 1718423
I know it's been a long time since this post, but this is what the lady I got to for Isbar info told me.
"There is no standard, however, there are acceptable coloration which are as follows: Black will be solid black without white and have beetle green sheen, dark slate legs, red comb or dark single comb, dark eyes. Blue will be any shade of blue and have some darker blue lacing on the feather tips, no white or red feathers, dark eyes, slate or mottled slate legs, red single comb. Splash will have no red feathers, green or mottled slate legs, white legs are acceptable on splash but not yellow. Red single comb, dark eyes. "

Hoping to get some Silverudd's Blue! Their green eggs are so pretty!

My goal would be to have them for a project bird. I would love to eventually work with other breeders to have them admitted to the SOP book. I am working on creating my own "standard of perfection" for SB based of the information I can gather from those who have the birds and from research online.
screenshot-2019-08-22-at-3-01-35-pm-png.1885766

Would you consider them to have a body more typical of an egg layer or a dual purpose?
Are backs flat or sloped?
What tail angle would be most common or desired or doesn't matter?

Is anyone still watching this thread? If so I have a question. Is anyone working on a new variety/color for this breed. I know it would be hard because black, blue and splash if I’m correct are E which is dominant. But I’m pretty sure it would be possible through in breeding, line breeding and back crossing to get a green egg laying isbar that’s barred and is mostly isbar.

Back
Top Bottom