Isbar thread

Pics
so gorgeous!  i need to take an updated photo of my lone isbar chick -- 4 weeks old splash, no idea about gender yet...  any telltale signs to look for with this breed?

Thanks for the compliment. I am thrilled with my babies. I just noticed that his comb/wattles were growing much faster than hers. I knew by 6 weeks he was a little roo.

Thanks for the compliment. I am thrilled with my babies. I just noticed that his comb/wattles were growing much faster than hers. I knew by 6 weeks he was a little roo.

thanks! i'll keep my eyes on this one, although don't have any other isbars to compare to -- only 4 weeks old now, and growing up with two cream legbars & two basques...

Hi

Can some one help me. I have Beautiful Blue Isbars, from I nice breeder - but can not seem to get in touch with them. I have 7 cockerels and am trying to figure out which ones to keep? I am new to this breed and they are one of the prettiest I think lol. I have splash I have black with silver, I have blue with the silver, I have blue with the silver and copper in the wings, as well as black with the silver and copper in its wings as well. I know in other breeds copper is a no no, but I am not sure about this breed. I would just like to sort things before winter kicks in as well as with the price of feed going up everyday
rant.gif
, I have home for most of the cockerels, I just do not want to re-home the good ones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
hugs.gif

Hi

Can some one help me. I have Beautiful Blue Isbars, from I nice breeder - but can not seem to get in touch with them. I have 7 cockerels and am trying to figure out which ones to keep? I am new to this breed and they are one of the prettiest I think lol. I have splash I have black with silver, I have blue with the silver, I have blue with the silver and copper in the wings, as well as black with the silver and copper in its wings as well. I know in other breeds copper is a no no, but I am not sure about this breed. I would just like to sort things before winter kicks in as well as with the price of feed going up everyday
rant.gif
, I have home for most of the cockerels, I just do not want to re-home the good ones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
hugs.gif
Can you post photos? That is the best way to give an opinion. I do know that there is no "standard." I would go with which one you like the looks of best. What color are your hens and what color do you want to hatch the most of? They are BBS so:
Black X Black = 100% Black
Black X Blue = 75% Black, 25% Blue
Black X Splash = 100% Blue
Blue X Blue = 25% Black, 50% Blue, 25% Splash
Blue X Splash = 50% Blue, 50% Splash
Splash X Splash = 100% Splash

Yes I will post photo's as soon as I can. I love the look of the blue with all the silver, that is the picture of the rooster that I feel in love with, which is why I had to some lol. Well at least this time I get to pick what I like for a change lol. I think I will pick a blue with silver and a black with silver, they are so striking looking. I have BBS pullets, so I guess that will just give me everything.

I will try and up load some pictures this week-end.

Thanks for the help Contrast

Yes I will post photo's as soon as I can. I love the look of the blue with all the silver, that is the picture of the rooster that I feel in love with, which is why I had to some lol. Well at least this time I get to pick what I like for a change lol. I think I will pick a blue with silver and a black with silver, they are so striking looking. I have BBS pullets, so I guess that will just give me everything.

I will try and up load some pictures this week-end.

Thanks for the help Contrast
I prefer the silver over the copper too. Can't wait to see the photos! I have two lonely pullets, but hopeful I am going to get a roo for them soon.

I know it is a little early to tell gender on these little ones, they are about 4 1/2 weeks old, but I am thinking one blue is female and the other is male, not sure about the splash yet (female maybe?). Anyway got some good pictures today and thought I'd share! The one blue (that I think is female) has a bi-color comb, is this common? Is it acceptable for breeding?
This was their first trip outdoors (we've had dog problems and coop problems and haven't dared set them out yet). They were timid at first but loved it at the end! Hoping to put them outside in the grower pen permanently within the week.

I know it is a little early to tell gender on these little ones, they are about 4 1/2 weeks old, but I am thinking one blue is female and the other is male, not sure about the splash yet (female maybe?). Anyway got some good pictures today and thought I'd share! The one blue (that I think is female) has a bi-color comb, is this common? Is it acceptable for breeding?
This was their first trip outdoors (we've had dog problems and coop problems and haven't dared set them out yet). They were timid at first but loved it at the end! Hoping to put them outside in the grower pen permanently within the week.

they look great! here's a photo of my lone splash isbar chick (from Richard at Jordan Farm), i *think* it is about 5 weeks but seems slow to get any feathers on its head -- so far is looking kind of male to me, which is a pity, as i can't keep males -- but will wait for gender to be more definitive, and beautiful nonetheless!

hanging out with one of my two basque chicks, who is 6 weeks old:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom