ISO 1 golden comet rooster

Just moved to a place where we can have a rooster. Building a much bigger enclosure and wanting to expand our flock naturally.

We need 1 Golden Comet Rooster to come join our hens and get it on.

Knoxville area in east Tennessee. Can't drive more than an hour away. Willing to pay 15 for the rooster. He will not be eaten (the wife won't let me) and he will be in a full time enclosure that is about 20' x 75' and with a way overbuilt 2 story chicken coop.

Mostly curious, why that specific breed? If you have the same breed as hens, they won't breed true​
Say what!!?? We just really like the golden comets. They have awesome temperament with the kids and lay really well etc. Wanted to have more GCs.

So you are saying that having a male and female GC will not produce GC offspring.

I am relatively still new at this but how does that work?

Say what!!?? We just really like the golden comets. They have awesome temperament with the kids and lay really well etc. Wanted to have more GCs.

So you are saying that having a male and female GC will not produce GC offspring.

I am relatively still new at this but how does that work?
They're sexlinks, which mean that specific traits are on specific genes. Breeding two together will produce all sorts of offspring, but they won't be sexlink and since golden comets aren't a true breed, they won't breed true

Back
Top Bottom