ISO Anatolian Pup

amberlynne51

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 28, 2014
I am in search of an anatolian either purebred or mixed to guard my dairy goats. I have had one before but he got hit from a drunk driver. I will have kids in the spring and need a guard to prevent them from being ate by coyotes (again). If anyone can help please let me know! Thank you!!

You could try putting "Livestock guardian dogs," in the search box and see what comes up. Sometimes breeders put up ads in the BYC buy,sell, trade forum under the heading "everything else for sale." You could even put up an "wanted to buy Anatolian pup," but, you need 20 posts in order to participate.

You can get the 20 posts quickly, if you greet 19 members, like I am greeting you. You might also try posting on your state thread. Go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum - locate your state and post there saying you are looking for such a pup for your goats. People serious about raising these dogs, usually get them used to goats, or chickens, or geese etc. as soon as they can walk. They aren't born being perfect livestock dogs, they need to grow into it and be shaped by training and experience. Good luck finding a pup to suit your needs.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I have no idea where you might get an Anatolian Shepherd from, but you might try contacting the American Kennel Clubs website on Anatolian Shepherds at http://www.akc.org/breeds/anatolian_shepherd_dog/index.cfm. I believe that they have a list of breeders there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your Anatolian Shepherd.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Oh, I am so sorry you lost your dog. How sad. Good luck finding a nice guard dog. Definitely follow some of the links the others have provided.

Welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom