Iso: Giant Brahmas

Stacey724

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2018
Hey y'all.. Yes I am looking for the Giant Brahmas. Please please help. I am looking for the ones that yes you have seen on you tube. Please help I have looked everywhere on line y'all are my lost hope. I have been incubating for years and I would love to hatch some.

Hey y'all.. Yes I am looking for the Giant Brahmas. Please please help. I am looking for the ones that yes you have seen on you tube. Please help I have looked everywhere on line y'all are my lost hope. I have been incubating for years and I would love to hatch some.
Have you looked on Ebay?
They sell hatching eggs on there.
Welcome To Backyard Chickens!!

There's no such thing as "giant" Brahma.
There's just brahmas and they're not all created equal when it comes to size.
Plus there's always trick photography.
You will find the largest ones at APA shows.
Go to a show and look at the birds there. Track down breeder/breeders of any you like and go from there.
I'm afraid any other route you go will leave you disappointed.

Go to a show and look at the birds there. Track down breeder/breeders of any you like and go from there.
I'm afraid any other route you go will leave you disappointed.

The Moonshiner's words are wise. Hatchery/lower quality Brahmas will leave you wanting more, when it comes to Brahmas, show birds look far better(obviously).

You could have a look at the American Brahma Club's website, using the breeders directory you may be able to find something nice!
Link to the main site:
http://www.americanbrahmaclub.com/
The breeder's directory:
http://www.americanbrahmaclub.com/breeder-directory/

Good luck on your search :)

I'm afraid any other route you go will leave you disappointed.[/QUOTE
I was able to find some. However the people live in Canada and would not sale so they are real.

I'll explain it a little different.
I know what you're looking for and IMO if anyone is out there searching for these "giant" brahmas that are 3 foot tall and shake the ground when then move then you're going to be disappointed.
Same twist is going on with the "giant" cochins and probably other breeds.
These birds aren't being bred to giant size.
Its the rest of the world breeding these breeds smaller and smaller over the years and decades.
Brahmas were always supposed to be a large breed. Backyard breeders and hatcheries have not been selective in their breeding and these breeds have lost their size so when someone sees these larger standard bred birds they think they're some mystical magical creation.
They're not. They're just well bred birds.
Show breeders have been maintaining their birds size.
If you go to any APA show you will see rows of these larger then life birds. Brahmas, cochins, orpingtons etc.
Your best bet is to go to a show and then you can see for yourself and select a breeder to work with. Or you can run around the country climbing giant beanstocks in search for them.

Back
Top Bottom