ISO Guinea fowl

Fowlgirl70

Hatching
Feb 22, 2018
We recently bought my dad's mini farm. For years he was the "guinea man" and our local paper recognized him a couple years ago as so. I was so excited to continue his little guinea farm as we had 18 fowl to start this summer. In just two very short days we have lost all but one hen from the vicious act of our neighbors dog. She has literally entered our pin through the small opening we had for the birds to go in and out. After catching the dog with two guineas we spoke to the owner and she was very aware of this happening..even offered to pay for our fowl. However..the very next night the dog returned and killed 6 fowl and carried one back home. I am furious to say the least! I cannot put a price on them as they lay all summer long and we sell our keets. The dog will no longer be an issue..but I am in great need of fowl so I can begin this journey with my daddy and make him proud to see his girl continue what he took pride in!

Welcome to BYC! :frow
Let us know where you are located. There are a lot of guinea people on this site.

I also sell keets and adult guineas. I get $25 to $30 a pair for my adults and $5 each for keets. Hope this helps in determining to value of your flock. So sorry you lost them. :(:hugs

Welcome to BYC. Waiting for my guineas to start laying. I am in southern VA. Nice you have a place to carry on your Dads work! :smackto the stupid neighbors. Maybe you need an electric fence.

Welcome to BYC! :welcome

Very sorry to hear about this loss. It's always upsetting to lose birds and even more upsetting when it's because of a stupid reason caused by others.

I am in Central NY and know of a couple of people who sell in this area. I am also connected to some folks who sell in North Carolina Raleigh area.

Let us know where you are and we will be better able to help you out. :frow

I apologize I have not be responding..my sign in information had gotten lost and things have just been insane here. We are in the Eastern panhandle of WV and have been able to replace almost all of our fowl. However, we have ended up with more roosters than hens. Two have began laying and we are hoping to have fertile eggs!

Oh gosh! Sorry to hear about your sign in getting lost. Given the number of roosters you have, I'm guessing fertility won't be one of your problems! :jumpy

Christy and James @MartinsPoultry might be able to help you if you need to add guineas or chickens. They are in Martinsburg, WV and are very active on the Guinea Talk thread.

Good luck!

@Fowlgirl70
My fiance and I have Guinea's for sale both domestics and Jumbos, we also sell keeters once hatching season for them begins.
For adults we get $15 solo and $25 for Pairs, for keets they are $5 each. We also do local hatching eggs at $10 a dozen, but we do deal breaks for more than 1 dozen purchased. We are located in Slanesville, WV just 40min - 1hr away from Martinsburg, WV

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom