ISO Silkie eggs for classroom hatch

ScienceTchr

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 7, 2011
Sebec, ME
My classroom is studying genetics and embryology by hatching eggs. I really want to hatch out some silkies for them to see and do some inquiry based learning around why silkies have such dark skin compared to other chicken varieties.

In all honesty I can't afford to pay much BUT I can afford to pay something (and I want to pay something as these chicks will be joining our flock when they are grown and I don't feel right asking for them for free).

I would also be open to any other interesting varieties any members can suggest and that I can afford. I have EE eggs and Dominique x EE roo eggs we'll be hatching from my personal flock.

These kids are so ridiculously excited to see Silkies they don't believe me about the darker skin I really don't want to let them down. I was planning to set eggs next week but can delay our setting but up to two weeks if it means I can get silkie eggs.

Have you been able to find what you are looking for? If not please pm me. I would be happy to send you some eggs. My daughter hatched out a bunch of our eggs in her classroom last year. To see how excited the kids get was wonderful but it's also an excellent learning experience!

wee.gif

I got what I was looking for thank you so much!

My kids are beyond excited to do this and it has become a school wide project now with the Kindergarten kids coming in to join my 7th graders so my 7th graders can teach them about the eggs hatching and chicken life cycles (our school is prek-8). Such a great thing! Thank you for all of the support from the BYC folks in helping me find the eggs I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom