Isolation turned hen INTO a bully! :(

Kdub393

In the Brooder
Dec 30, 2021
I have 5 buff brahmas. One got its earlobe injured and has been in a dog crate within the run for 8 days now (except at night to roost). I do let her mingle with the other 4 when they are free ranging for 1-2 hours per day. But this hen, the injured one, is being so mean! Mainly to one, she circles her clucking lowly then hovers over her head and pecks her 5-10 times in different places all over her head. Mainly where there are feathers so no bloodshed. Is this normal? Has being in isolation turned her into a bully?

I should mention they are 6 months and all just started layering within the past 2 weeks.

I have 5 buff brahmas. One got its earlobe injured and has been in a dog crate within the run for 8 days now (except at night to roost). I do let her mingle with the other 4 when they are free ranging for 1-2 hours per day. But this hen, the injured one, is being so mean! Mainly to one, she circles her clucking lowly then hovers over her head and pecks her 5-10 times in different places all over her head. Mainly where there are feathers so no bloodshed. Is this normal? Has being in isolation turned her into a bully?
Boredom is a common cause of aggression, maybe she liked being separated. Was se injured by that hen?

Back
Top Bottom