Isolation.

viper125

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 3, 2013
Salem,Ohio
Building my coup and a large run. Figuring on building a small coup and run in side the bigger ones. Some where to isolate laying or injured birds from rest of flock. Also maybe for isolation of new birds. Question is would that be to close to the others.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Building my coup and a large run. Figuring on building a small coup and run in side the bigger ones. Some where to isolate laying or injured birds from rest of flock. Also maybe for isolation of new birds. Question is would that be to close to the others.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
You may want also post in the Emerg/Disease forum. From a building standpoint, an isolation area is a very nice thing to have. I suppose a space away and not connected to your existing coop is ideal for isolation as far as sickness. My coop has a three sided area that can serve as a transition area for young pullets. It could probably serve as an isolated laying or injury area. I just added a few walls a walk through door and a slant roof off of the existing coop. The open side can be opened or fenced closed with a small piece of fence.

Back
Top Bottom