Issue with my Brinsea incubator

20190430_171839.jpg
the fan is spinning while I take this pic as I have eggs set.

yes it has a plastic covering over the actual fan. But my issue with this new design is that the fan is not blowing down, it's sucking up. If you hold a piece of tissue in front of your fan I think it will blow it away. I used to have the octagon but upgraded to this new Ovation style and am regretting it.
Mine just circulates air. It doesn't blow or suck. :confused: huh.

So they replied this morning. They will be sending me a clip on guard. They also asked how many blades were on my fan. There are 7.
So is this something that SHOULD have been there in the original package? Or are they adding this now that they are only now aware of this problem?

So is this something that SHOULD have been there in the original package? Or are they adding this now that they are only now aware of this problem?

They aren't admitting to anything at this point to me. They are sending me two clip on fan guards. I suspect they will implement changes to this model and any others that have a similar fan, or include the clip on fan guards. I will no longer be recommending Brinsea incubators, definitely not this model.

This is what they said: "Sorry about the late action on your problem. I am shipping out 2 Clip On Fan Guards for the Ovation today USPS."

*UPDATE*

They sent me 2 clip on guards for my incubator with a letter attached. I guess this is an issue that has been brought to their attention before me. I did not leave my eggs in the carriers for hatching, which most definitely would put chicks way too close to the fan opening. Anyhow here is the letter and pic of the fan guard that was sent to me. I have yet to try clipping it on.
20190510_192604.jpg 20190510_193624.jpg 20190510_192609.jpg

Back
Top Bottom