Issue with my Brinsea incubator

jenifern

Songster
6 Years
Mar 15, 2013
Canada
I bought the new Ovation 28 advance incubator. It runs well but at hatch time I have now had 2 chicks who have had their wing sucked into the fan and blood sprayed everywhere. :( The chicks survived, but yikes!! I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen? I had an older Brinsea before this with no issues and am sort of regretting upgrading :( wondering if I can fashion up something to guard the fan better.

The supplier here in Canada promptly replied with a forwarded message to Brinsea asking if this is an issue they are aware of. I also emailed Brinsea directly and got a fast reply. They said the guard must be missing. However there are no additional parts in the box, and it appears that there is indeed a plastic cover over the fan which I have since emailed them a photo of just to make sure it all looks good. Waiting for the response. I'll post a pic of the fan below (can't sort out how to do it from my phone atm)

I think that because the fan is sucking inwards as opposed to blowing down it is creating the problem. In the mean time I have to lock down eggs and am trying to find some fine screen I can put over the fan some my Barnvelders don't end up in the same predicament as before.

Probably because you haven't bought one yet and was interested in buying. But there have been numerous account of people who have gotten the runaround with Brinsea after purchasing their products.
No... I broke the turner, called them, they immediately sent me a new one.

Not sure why you thought I was just talking to them about buying one, and hadn't yet bought one? :idunno

I bought the new Ovation 28 advance incubator. It runs well but at hatch time I have now had 2 chicks who have had their wing sucked into the fan and blood sprayed everywhere. :( The chicks survived, but yikes!! I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen? I had an older Brinsea before this with no issues and am sort of regretting upgrading :( wondering if I can fashion up something to guard the fan better.
I would call the company! :confused:

I would wrap a nylon stocking in place over the fan... or at least try, before the next hatch. :fl

I have sent an email to the supplier that I bought it from here in Canada, but maybe I should also bring it to the attention of Brinsea as well. I'll email them now.
Brinsea has such great customer support, and I can't imagine they designed it to do that... it must be missing a part

Call them and ask.

Back
Top Bottom