It’s DONE.DONE. FINISHED!

Thank the LORD! It’s ALLLL DONE!! FINALIY!! After several cussing fits, hurt knees, bumped head, scratches from loosing a wrestling match with hardware cloth and being soaked from swear at the end of the day for the last couple of weeks it’s DONE!!! Safe and secure for the chicks! I’m taking a break from building ANYTHING for a little bit! But it was fun!!View attachment 2244051View attachment 2244053View attachment 2244054View attachment 2244055
Great job!!!!

What a beautiful coop! :loveWhat is the inside like? Take your break, it is well deserved!:thumbsup

Ok here’s the inside!
A48ECE1E-49E4-493C-90D7-18FD1EF8F0BC.jpeg
3A18207F-103A-4CD8-810A-4D4F60EB8D6A.jpeg
A9CC6878-7C05-42E2-8B98-74B86ED329BE.jpeg
695A99CC-BA20-49A0-B10F-6407EF31FA81.jpeg

How are they liking it?

So far they are loving it! Or at least in their own chicken way lol. They go in and out of the coop throughout the day as they please. The shade is pretty good. I just put a small quart size waterer in the run with some sav-a-chic electrolytes mixed in bcs it’s pretty hot today. They’re still figuring out the whole roost thing as they are still young enough to want to huddle together on the floor in the pine shavings. I’m keeping water and feed in the coop and the run. For now. When they finish the feed off in the coop I’ll probably remove it for good. But so far so good!

So far they are loving it! Or at least in their own chicken way lol. They go in and out of the coop throughout the day as they please. The shade is pretty good. I just put a small quart size waterer in the run with some sav-a-chic electrolytes mixed in bcs it’s pretty hot today. They’re still figuring out the whole roost thing as they are still young enough to want to huddle together on the floor in the pine shavings. I’m keeping water and feed in the coop and the run. For now. When they finish the feed off in the coop I’ll probably remove it for good. But so far so good!
Hooray! If I was a chicken, I know I'd LOVE to live in your setup. The run looks like so much fun for them! I'd love to have something like that going in mine, but unfortunately my setup is too small. (YEs, it's too small for my birds, no I can't change that for the time being.)

Hooray! If I was a chicken, I know I'd LOVE to live in your setup. The run looks like so much fun for them! I'd love to have something like that going in mine, but unfortunately my setup is too small. (YEs, it's too small for my birds, no I can't change that for the time being.)

Thanks!! Yeah I had looked at buying a prefabricate coop. But as much as those were for a good size to house 6 chickens was crazy! Plus once I remembered the old playhouse I built that the kids have outgrown. I repurposed some wood I had gotten from my neighbor and a few other odds and ins pieces I had laying around to finish out the coop. The only money I spent was on the material for the run, which included the wood, tin, HWC, screws and washers. And by the time it was all said and done the money I spent on building the run was FAR less than had I gotten a prefab coop that was way smaller. Now, I have a 12x12 run and a 6x4 coop that is the perfect size for the ladies! Lol

Back
Top Bottom