It finally happend.. Lost my first chick..loosing another one.........

Attack Chicken

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu
11 Years
Sep 25, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
This morning my dad woke me up and told me one of the little bantam chicks was dead. I came out to find the lamp that was to keep them warm had fallen and trapped the poor little guy underneath. I feel so bad... Just the night before I had them out running around and all was fine. My dad said it was a little black one which was my favorite of all of them, but thankfully it wasn't the black wyandotte. It was my only little silver laced wyandotte that I had hatch just a little more than a week before all this. I'm heartbroken that it was my fault for not checking the lamp before I went to bed...I had adopted the only little chick my school hatched 2 days before. I guess 7 chicks wasn't a lucky number for me. It's all my fault.

Last edited:
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

don't worry it's not your fault.

Last edited:
Now the one that I adopted is dieing now... He was the only one to survive in his batch all the other died after a few days. I don't know if I should end his life or just let him die on his own. I'm so sad right now.. 2 chicks dead in 1 day...lord help me, I'm never getting chicks again.

i am so sorry. i hope he makes it. hopefully someone on here will have great advice and the little chicken will be running around happily in no time. i'm so sorry for your loss, i know it must be so hard.
hit.gif
hugs.gif

He is accually getting a little better! He's trying to jump out of the box I have him in should I put him back with the others?

Last edited:
I'm so sorry this happened...
hugs.gif
Don't beat yourself up over it. I think everyone who raises chickens loses some from time to time. Things just happen.

Hug Kernal and let him console you.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom