It finally happened

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Oct 23, 2008.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We had to go to a second egg carton. We have been eating all the eggs we get and we now have 15 eggs. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    That's great!!

Mine just started laying. I've collected a carton & 1/2 since last Monday. We just killed them in one meal...I wish they'd lay faster!!

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    that's it. no pie for you! i am too jealous to even discuss this! [​IMG]

4. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Isn't that a great feeling!!!!! Whatever will you do with them all??? [​IMG]

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Great Deb!

I have three - 1 dozen cartons in the fridge and an 18 egg carton half full as of this evening.
    We're having eggs for supper again. Tomorrow I am going to insist that my SO take a dozen down to the elderly neighbor's house; even if she does talk his head off and he ends up being there two hours.

6. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    I was just having this conversation with my daughter, she was excited to see 5 dozen in the fridge. Yikes what to make, we better get busy. Today was our most eggs ever (they are just starting to lay) we got 6 eggs out of 9 girls.

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I am so jealous! Out of my 36+ hens, we are only getting a dozen a day!! Darned MOLT!! LOL Congrats on the eggs!

8. debilorrah

Quote:Inidan giver. [​IMG]

9. debilorrah

For the record there are now 5 left and the fart egg. We had breakfast for dinner, with cinnamon rolls. SO WHO NEED YER STINKIN PIE. [​IMG]

10. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

AWESOME!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by