It has begun

I finally candled last night and marked air cells, have 2 that may have blood rings but hard to tell so I'll give it a little more time, one definite infertile and 10 that look great. 4 others that were set later are showing no signs of life so far. Very bummed, they are Marans/Ameraucana in hope of getting Olive Eggers. I'll give it a little more time though.

These are the 3 oldest, 2 more plus unhatched egg in bator still.

Out of my 9, three were quitters,

5 hatched and waiting on last one, I put in a day late, so maybe tomorrow. Here's what hatched:

2 black, 2 yellows, 1 GLW, and the egg I am waiting on is LO.

Last edited:
I finally candled last night and marked air cells, have 2 that may have blood rings but hard to tell so I'll give it a little more time, one definite infertile and 10 that look great. 4 others that were set later are showing no signs of life so far. Very bummed, they are Marans/Ameraucana in hope of getting Olive Eggers. I'll give it a little more time though.

I have had 3 blood rings so far out of 24. I may have another couple but not sure. Gonna wait until Saturday and see.

ya'll are rocking it!!

out of the 28-30 eggs I have in there, I'm hoping at least half hatch and survive....

Im hoping for at least a 50% hatch too. Started with 24 and have culled 3 already.

These are the 3 oldest, 2 more plus unhatched egg in bator still. Out of my 9, three were quitters, 5 hatched and waiting on last one, I put in a day late, so maybe tomorrow. Here's what hatched: 2 black, 2 yellows, 1 GLW, and the egg I am waiting on is LO.
I can't wait to have sweet little babies coming from these eggs. This process has been really cool. Plus I'm dieing to try out my EcoGlow 20

don't do it!!!!

I can already feel the hunger pangs, of wanting to do more and more.

And not just chickens!!!  there's ducks, geese, turkeys, guineas, quail, and peacocks!!!

DON'T YOU SEE?!?!?!?!?!

once it grabs hold of you, you can never escape!!!

Dont' look to anyone on this site to help you with your addiction!!  they are all enablers.  They offer you free eggs, and encouragement, and even advice on how to hatch, raise, then hatch again!!!  It's a never ending cycle of support, and enabling!!!

It's too late for me, but please save yourself.  I will try to hold them off as long as I can.

:goodpost: :thumbsup: did ya see my new buttons?? Were not too far apart to practice shipping ;)

goodpost.gif
thumbsup.gif
: did ya see my new buttons?? Were not too far apart to practice shipping
wink.png
ummm.......only about 4 hours drive, from my work.

Back
Top Bottom