It is day 29 for my chicken eggs and I finally have a pip, strong little chicks!!

jacquie86

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 15, 2012
Newalla, Oklahoma
My eggs have been way over due, but I didn't give up hope and it is now day 29 and I have pips. I'm so excited, it just goes to show I need to always go with my gut! Will update later!

OMG day 29 ... i've never heard of this before......
jumpy.gif

thank you for giving me hope! i'm on day 26. i just had 2 chick pip and were stuggling i poked a pinhole to help, both died. still waiting to see if more will come!

I have hope but its hard to tell when to help and when to leave them I had one die this morning because I decided not to help and the membrane was covering its nose. didn't find out til this morning and it was already gone. But live and learn. Good luck with your other babies!!

29 days .. boy I would be so curious to find out how you make out .. I will be very happy to hear if you get a healthy hatching. I hope for your sake its not just getting ready to explode . the smell will be bad .. Please keep us posted ~ Corinne

No they where peeping but we had a temp spike yesterday and even with a sponge the membrane covered its nose and it wasn't able to breath. If I would have known I would have atleast fixed that and then it probably would have been fine. Live and learn. Lost 15 other eggs because of the temp spike, Oklahoma weather makes hatching really hard. I was asleep and because it got hot outside so did the bator. I'm not big on AC so that didn't help!! First hatch, I'm learning though! And I'm not going to give up!!
wink.png

sorry to say,no other eggs hatched. I was saving up more eggs while I was waiting.
just reset them today. wisconsin temps are not easy either! This is my 3rd try. first eggs didn't make it a week.
trying again with a better thermometer.Keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm sorry, but good luck on your next round!! Got my fingers crossed for ya. This is my first round, and I will have more but we can do it. And if my darn phoenix hen would ever go broody she could to, but no she is to good for that lol. Silly chicken!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom