It is Not So Wrong to want a Bactrian Camel

welsummerchicks

Songster
9 Years
Jul 26, 2010
A friend of mine has a camel, and now I want one too. And I don't see anything so wrong with that.

Wny is hubby crying and flipping channels so fast?

Are there any exotic animals you want? Has the spousal reaction been less enthusiastic than you would like?

You must have some ancestors from Eastern Europe and your lineage harkens back to the Mongol invasions of the 13th-14th centuries since I know you like horses as well!

DH and I talked and if we ever got enough acreage, we would raise reindeer. I could ride them and break them to drive, we could eat meat, we could milk them, their furs are wonderfully warm, DH could carve things from antlers. They like it cold and we're in Michigan. They would be perfect for us!

Right now, DH tells me we have enough animals and if we get more animals, we need more acreage.

I'd rather have an emu than a camel.
Dh says no more pets, not even bees.

I got even by hatching 30 chicks. By the time they're big enough to pick my showbirds from and sell the rest, bees should seem easy.

I'm going to write to the guy down the road that has beehives and ask if he'll teach me about keeping bees.

hide.gif
I would like a friesian horse, but have 7 others already....I guess that isnt an exotic, but still...
wink.png

Last edited:
I want a penguin, I told my hunny and he wants a penguin too. We discussed how we could set up an appropriate house for our darling penguin and buy him a bowtie.

Then we googled it and in no way can you ever own a penguin. Apparently they are really pricey to take care of as well, so we went back to watching our nature show, penguin dreams crushed. lol

Quote:
OOooooOoooOooooo I would definitely rather have an alpaca than a camel. One of the really furry fluffy ones that I can shear and make felt from
love.gif

I wish I could have a couple of mini donkeys. Actually, I think it would be wonderful to have a little herd of them. My health is just not good enough to ever have them, now. If I'd known how my life was going to turn out, I'd have gotten some donkeys when I was younger. I should have gotten donkeys instead of my husband.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom