It is scary what "information" you can find on the internet

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by RebelsHope, Apr 8, 2008.

1. RebelsHope

RebelsHope Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2007
    wisconsin
    Here is the site http://www.chickens-chickens.com/chicken-breed/maran-chickens.html
    and
    this is just a quote from it
    Maran Chickens
    -
    breeder, breeders

These birds are very popular as family pets for their excellent talking abilities and friendly nature. Many species of these parrots are large and brilliant in many respects, but there also exist mini parrots. They are usually bright red with yellow, white and blue spots. To obtain purebred maran chickens, find the most reliable breeder among many breeders.

Never knew they were good talkers. . . [​IMG]

2. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    [​IMG] Looks like a really bad cut & paste job to me! Weird! And someone also needs to tell them it's Marans, not Maran with no "s".

3. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Ooh, I need to get me one of those talking chickens! I could teach it to say "Farm fresh eggs! Yum Yum!" How cool would that be?

4. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    At the risk of offending, some of the "information" found on the internet, including this site is a little scary.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Quote:It is true, anyone on the internet can put up what ever they want. It is always a good practice when googling stuff and searching on the internet, even on here, to be a bit skeptic, check for references and seek information from multiple sources. Then once you decide on something, think though it before dong the first thing you see/hear/read.

6. RebelsHope

RebelsHope Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2007
    wisconsin
    You mean if i get a "Maran" it isn't going to talk. . . darn it!

I just thought this in particular was kind of funny.

7. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    I think someone got Marans and Macaws mixed up. [​IMG]

I sure hope my Marans starts to talk! It would be pretty cool. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, yeah, I just had a conversation with a Marans hen. You know what she said? "Marans can't talk. BOK!"

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Maybe I should be trying to teach mine to talk!!

10. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I have a maran hen and she says ..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

BOK BOK BOK
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by