It' me!

mstrader5

Chirping
May 12, 2015
Hi everyone! Melany here and I want to introduce you to me and my family. My husband Eric and I have been married 16 1/2 years and we have two small children. Sydney will be 10 in July and David will be 7 in August. They keep us hopping!

We weren't fond of having chickens, but my mom bought 11 baby chicks for our kids about 6 weeks ago. They have stole my heart already and I am pretty sure my husband has warmed up to the idea as well! Along with the chicks we also have 3 indoor cats and one indoor/outdoor dog. Two of our cats are twins! When I got them from a friend she was afraid they were going to die. They were only 5 weeks old and the mama wouldn't take care of them. I was able to nurse them to health and they are now a little over a year old.

Here are some pics:
Mom and me boy scout camp out

Snowflake and Oreo
Lola
daddy's girl
Trixie - lab/schnauzer mix

N F C

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
Hello, welcome to BYC!

If you haven't already, check out the Learning Center. There are a lot of interesting articles there that can help you get started off right with your flock:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

I hope all of you enjoy the chickens, they are such interesting and fun little animals to have around.

I used to have a dog named Trixie too! She was a Westie, best dog I ever had.

Enjoy all BYC has to offer and if you have questions, feel free to ask!

Top Bottom