it pays to be lazy. just my rant

If I never loved because people might see it as a weakness and use my love to their advantage at my expense, I would never love. If everyone else refused to love for the same reasons, what a sorry state the world would be in.
If I never gave because people might see it as a weakness and use my gifts to their advantage at my expense, I would never give. If everyone else refused to give for the same reasons, what a sorry state the world would be in.

I do think there are instances where people need help. It's hard to get a job if you don't have a house. But it's hard to get a house without a job! I think the people that are the OP neighbors were trying to make their situation better looking. I'm sure they have to work it off. It's hard to word I guess. I just hope the economy stabilizes soon, everyone is suffering; more apparent so during the holiday season.

my cousins ex wife had a house her parents bought her (was a beautiful house) she lived there 5 years ruined that house so bad...kept there dog tied in the living room until it died... the dogs and her children tore the house up... wthen we had ac couple of hurricanes ... she applied for a new trailer thru some program and she told them the house was destroye dby the hurricanes and they gave her a new trailer... I know for a fact the house was in that shape way before the hurricanes... I don't have a problem with people getting things like that if the deserve them... if they try to help themselves and are honest... I have a problem when people just get things handed to them because they are dishonest or they are not trying to better themselves and their family.... Just muy opinion

Life is not fair or just. God is the only one who is. So there will be people who abuse the systems whether government or private enterprise.

I've always been interested how the houses look 1 or 2 years later. Surprised some TV show hasn't been about the houses built for people and what kind of shape they are in.

If you don't have a job, how can they afford the annual repairs, utilities, etc?

i know these people did not help build it. i never saw them, not once, until they moved in. the grass is knee high. trash lying around and their kids play in the street. they won't even move out of the street when cars come by. i have people trying to go down the street and they go into yards trying to get around the kids. i've been video taping it lately. i'll get to the point that i'll send it to social services. i'm at my wits end already. maybe habitat for humanity should take a look at the people a little better. i can appreceiate people who do go to church and have beliefs. i do not. church to me, started to become a business years ago. i stopped going alltogether now.

Quote:
What is that a John Lennon Song?? Please give credit where credit is due, now I am wondering where did that come from????

If it's a song, I do not know. I just typed what was in my head. I always give credit for the written word if I know there is credit due.

Quote:
I know this is a bit of a hijack so forgive me,
but you don't need to go to church to believe, God doesn't live there, he lives in people. And contrary to what a lot of churches would tell you, God also isn't broke, he doesn't need your money
smile.png

Maybe there is a reason that the people don't work? I doubt that they can just get approved without some reason to be approved to recieve a house from habitat. As for the mess, maybe the reason they don't work also impacts the housework/yardwork? It is possible that the people have health or mental issues which could be why they qualified for the housing. On the other hand, I can understand your side. We once had low income housing neighbor who never worked, had a bunch of kids and was a drug addict. It was hell and we had to move after recieving no help from the homeowner or the cops. I think it doesn't matter if the help is religious or goverment - If the people are being assisted in living a drug, alcohol lifestyle or encouraged not to improve themselves, than they are not really being helped by the housing. It's enabling thier dysfunctional behavior.

Quote:
They can't...and the houses will look like crud. In my old neighborhood about 15 habitat houses went in and MAYBE 2 or 3 at best are not riddled with trash in all forms. Funny though, many of the cars in the driveways are much nicer than my KIA...
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom