it pays to be lazy. just my rant

shawnkfl

Songster
10 Years
Apr 30, 2009
christiansburg, VA
i've been busting by back rebuilding my old house. it was built in 1951 and is in serious need or repair. i've replaced the water heater, complete AC/heating system, paid $7,000.00 to have a few trees removed that were too close to the house, replaced almost all windows and doors, remodeled three rooms so far, replaced entire roof, did some landscaping, replaced electrical, replaced plumbing....i'm not even close to being finished
sad.png

my rant...
so, across the street was a vacant lot. sat there for years. finally habitat for humanity started building a house there, blocking the street for months. it finally gets finished and it's a beautiful house. far nicer than any in this neighborhood. in moves a family with about five kids. the parents don't work at all. they told me that they only have to repay half of the homes value. HALF! and if they decide to move, they are free to sell and pocket the money! so i get to break my back and work non stop and these people sit on their a$$ and do nothing. i get an old house falling apart....they get a brand new one! i see there is another one going up a few lots away now too. i think i'll quit my job and get one of those for me!

Last edited:
Sadly people don't have to work to survive anymore. The government will step in for families that have nothing but won't give a break to those struggling to keep the something they have
hmm.png
It's a messed up system, a lot of people fall through sadly. But when you get done, you'll look at your house and know you reap what you sow.

They don't exactly get to sit on their a$$ and do nothing. Part of the requirement for getting a Habitat house is that they have to help build not only their house, but they have to put in time building other Habitat houses. It's by no means a free gift.

Quote:
Habitat for Humanity is not GOVERNMENT it is a •A nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. I dont think it is a good thing to start bashing the work of GOD.....
old.gif

I love the idea of Habitat for Humanity because it's supposed to work on the principle of the recipient giving back in return. But it's hard sometimes to work your butt off to have and keep the little you have, while watching others sit on theirs and get housing, medical, food, etc. handed to them for free. Our government (aka joe taxpayer) was not set up to take care of people, but that's what it has become. IMO it's (welfare programs) just one more (of a list of thousands) idea that started off with good intentions, but then got totally out of hand. We have now become a nation where many of our people EXPECT the government to take care of them.

Quote:
Habitat for Humanity is not GOVERNMENT it is a •A nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. I dont think it is a good thing to start bashing the work of GOD.....
old.gif

I didn't mean it that way. It's just one instance. There are many things where people working don't get help but others do. And please please please don't think I'm turning anything religious. I've had enough problems on this forum with people taking what I say wrong
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom