it pays to be lazy. just my rant

Your SO right..it DOES pay to be lazy today. Wish someone would build me a house..
heck i'd even help..
tongue.png

I try not to worry about what others have or are getting from other people. It gives me pride to "pull myself up by my own bootstraps."

I'm thankful that I'm not in a situation where owning my own home depends on the charity of other folks. "There but for the grace of God go I." I'm not jealous of what others are receiving, because they're getting it because they are in need.

Habitat for Humanity is a charity organization and they are extremely respectable, at least in my state. I don't begrudge others the right to give charity as they see fit -- especially at this time of year.
smile.png

When the Habitat for Humanity store came here to Guelph, it was great... low prices, lets face it a lot of the things are used... but I have noticed that they are more expensive for things then whet the big box (orange) retailer who donates most of their stuff.

I was at Home depot when I was looking for paint and stain when I was building my coop for a 1 gal can of stain in the opps section was $5 at the store... the restore wanted $8, I know for a FACT that this item was donated by The Home Depot

I have a really hard time supporting a lot of the charities and "not for profit" agency's now a days... there is to much corruption

Quote:
I agree, think Habitat is good, one of my DW's best friends qualified and got a Habitat house(could have never afforded one after her husband abandoned her with 2 kids). She did a lot of work(and her family helped a lot) on her, and on other houses, and she still keeps that house looking as good as possible. But I would be UNHAPPY to say the least, if the family that moved in was not like her, and trashed the place which would eventually drop my houses value.

the habitat, around here seems to like, the unmarried mama with 5+ kids and a different papa for each one, I sorry but one child can be a surprise, two maybe a whoops but three or more is an on purpose. Where is personal responsibly, and your right you can pick out most habitat home after a year, trashed. but there is always someone who gets one of these houses that really deserve it and take care of it, its finding the right person without getting the bad apples too.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

I just read in my home town paper that a family that I worked with as a Family Violence Advocate received a Habitat Home. I am thrilled for her. She left her abuser a couple of times, the last time was when her daughter was just a few months old. She went on to successfully raise the kids, the DD is now in Kindergarten and the DS is in 2nd grade.

I am sure to some who dont know her whole situation, she might appear to be a mess, but I know what she has going for her.
smile.png

I am grateful that I have the ability to earn my own way even though its hard. I wouldnt want to trade places for anything.

...Be blessed by others and be a blessing to others...

Back
Top Bottom