It was unavoidable...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Sequin, May 12, 2009.

1. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    ...I HAD to go and buy chick feed Today, 'cause I was out. I thought I was safe to go to my local feed store because they have been sold out of their chicks every time I go there. [​IMG] not today though. So now there is a new episode of chicken t.v. [​IMG] This show is starring 4 red sex-links. [​IMG] Now what will I tell my husband?! [​IMG] I am going to have to hide these babies before he gets home I think. They are REALLY cute. From now on, I will have to send him to get the chick food. Tricky way of getting him to run the errands, eh?! Anyway, I Swear this is IT for this year. Oh, and then they end up telling me they have another shipment coming in in a few more days!!!! [​IMG] I had to pretend not to hear. I'll post pictures soon of the new babies.

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    hahahahaha oops sorry. Yeah I did that with 5 BAs. This is how that conversation went...

DH: Honey, what are these?

Me: Oh! They are chicks dear.

DH: *sigh*

[​IMG] May it work as easily for you as it did me.

3. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    *giggling* Here was my conversation (DH is a truckdriver, so takes place over the phone):

Me: Hi, where are you going today?

Him: Texas. What's that sound in the background?

Me: What noise? Oh, the kids are playing.

Him: Hmmm. I hear a chick. Sounds younger than what we have. Did you buy another one?!

Me: *in shock he could hear the bantam cochin over the kids and semi* Ummmm.

Him: .........*heavy silence*........

[​IMG] He likes to poke fun at the poor little roo now! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. leearealake

leearealake Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2009
    went to a fleamarket sunday have 2 more baby silkies and 1 fuzzy blackbunny(HAHA) no hubby(hahaha)[​IMG]

5. Becky_H

Becky_H Chillin' With My Peeps

I discovered a bycer who was selling chickens. So, I emailed her. She told me what she had, I told her what she wanted and got directions to her place. Then I told my husband, "Oh yeah. We're going *here* tomorrow."

He asked why, and I told him. He stared and spluttered, but I explained quite nicely that if *he* could buy a 500.00 game system, and have a 200.00 speeding ticket from being dumb, then he could Shush about my 60.00 worth of chickens. ...He shushed.

Then fun part was that we went from 5 chickens to an even dozen. We're placing the RSL roo tomorrow, with another family. The rest? Staying. So I effectively more than doubled our flock size in one outing. Score for me, though I doubt I can pull that off again any time soon.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  6. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Ok, so hubby came home and I was asleep with the new little chicks. I love napping with them... Anyway, I don't think he noticed, and if he did, he didn't say anything. He was grumpy over something, but I didn't ask. They are all set up in the brooder out in the chicken room. I am not sure how many we have now, but we have Way more than the "few extra" we planned on getting this year. Let me count... 4 BA from last year, 7 BO, I think 9 EE, 3 SS, 2 bantams, and now 4 RSL. How many is that? ... 29? PHEW - that's a LOT of chickens. I need to be done for a while now. I need what, like 300sq ft. to keep them healthy and happy?! Oh boy... [​IMG] Good thing we have some space!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by