It wasn't supposed to be this way....

ThinkingChickens

Songster
8 Years
Feb 18, 2011
I fell in love with my chickens. Before I owned chickens, I thought of them as food. Then, when we were thinking about getting them I thought they'd be as boring as finches or parakeets. Turns out the darn things have these personalities and quirks and are eager and happy to see me. Darn it all to heck, I fell for the girls. =0)

Mabel, Maude and Ethel by Raven Wren Designs, on Flickr

Buff Orpington and RIR- Dorothy and Harriet by Raven Wren Designs, on Flickr

Australorp- Gertrude by Raven Wren Designs, on Flickr

Oh, and just to love them even more, they integrated beautifully thanks to advice I got here. They are 10 weeks and 25 weeks and they all live in a walk in run (with free ranging) together. They didn't give me much trouble. I just love em!

It's funny how that works. I sort of fell into this chicken thing, and have found that my chickens are better pets than my cat. They all have personalities and are actually affectionate. Who would have thought?

Yup! I love my chickens almost more than the dogs! ! And they listen better to boot. I have become, officially, a Chicken Nerd, as my friends like to call me. I find the title endearing, as I love my chickens to death!

Quote:
Don't we all!
smile.png

Same thing happened to me, I used to...well I hate to admit but I used to hate chickens. But my mom loved them and bought some chicks. I helped her take care of them and before I knew it I loved them. I didn't think they could be so cute and personable. And they're a heck of alot smarter than I ever gave them credit for
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom