Italian hen looking for help :) plisss

Zosia

Hatching
Apr 28, 2021
My hen is not able to walk. It has been 3 weeks now. It Does not look she has legs broken. It’s like she has no power in legs. Fingers looks like dead. She can stand up, but quickly sit down. She eats well, she is stressed because was aggressively bitten by other hens. I separated her and now she has been at home with us since 3 days. I give her selenium, vitamine d, and vitamine c. She looks stronger but still not able to walk. I have some movies but can’t post them here.
do you know what it can be?

Attachments

• 05B9268F-728C-4AFA-AAE1-D8D804ED1093.png
    05B9268F-728C-4AFA-AAE1-D8D804ED1093.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 3827DB83-8CF4-4C2F-9697-2965302B970B.png
    3827DB83-8CF4-4C2F-9697-2965302B970B.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
I have read similar posts where most said to just put the bird down as it will be attacked and pretty much driven out of your flock. Some people said that they put splints on their legs to help support them

My hen is not able to walk. It has been 3 weeks now. It Does not look she has legs broken. It’s like she has no power in legs. Fingers looks like dead. She can stand up, but quickly sit down. She eats well, she is stressed because was aggressively bitten by other hens. I separated her and now she has been at home with us since 3 days. I give her selenium, vitamine d, and vitamine c. She looks stronger but still not able to walk. I have some movies but can’t post them here.
do you know what it can be?
If you need to upload a video, upload to YouTube or a similar site and then link it here. Was you hen vaccinated for mareks? Any other symptoms, like acting lethargic? I really hope some more professional people can help! Praying your girl gets better! :hugs

I have read similar posts where most said to just put the bird down as it will be attacked and pretty much driven out of your flock. Some people said that they put splints on their legs to help support them
yes, she is with us, separated from others. Probably will have to call profesional to do the splints. To be honest, it is not my chicken. I am renting the house, and chickens were here already. The owners for the moment do not say much what to do. They are not here.

If you need to upload a video, upload to YouTube or a similar site and then link it here. Was you hen vaccinated for mareks? Any other symptoms, like acting lethargic? I really hope some more professional people can help! Praying your girl gets better! :hugs
I will try this method indeed. Thank you Lemon Drop!!! 😘

Back
Top Bottom