Itchy!

obxWaMi

Songster
10 Years
Sep 27, 2009
OBX, NC (Roanoke Island)
Over the past several days I have been tortured every time I go into my back yard. Something is eating me alive. I did get bit by yellow flies yesterday and the day before, but I saw them. Last night and again this morning I went out and within a few minutes was broke out in welts and itching like crazy. I saw nothing landing on me! No mosquitos or yellow flies out today. Could there be mites or some other critter that I can't see.

I would have posted this in the predators and pests board, but the pests are preying on ME not my chickens. Let me put it this way, there is no evidence my chickens are bothered at all by whatever is bothering me. No missing feathers or acting itchy, anyway.

It isn't chiggers. I can come inside and put Benadryl on it or wipe with an alcohol swab and in half an hour all evidence is gone. No itch, no welts, nothing. But it comes back if I go out into the yard again, even for just a few minutes.

I'm going to try going outside with my Wellies on instead of flip-flops next time to see if that makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom