It's a Hardback Life (Book Chat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FortCluck

Hatch-a-Long Queen
Sep 9, 2019
Central Virginia
Who doesn't love a good read every now and then... Or Every. Single. Day 📖

Book Suggestions, Book Chat, Favorite Authors, ECT...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Topic Starter Questions (or create your own topic starter):

How many books have you read in a year?

What type of books do you read?

Who's your favorite author?

What's the last book you read?

When is the last time you read?

Do you read on a device or read actual books?

**IF POSTING SPOILERS** Use the spoiler option in the thread so it doesn't ruin anyone's reading

The spoilers will look like this

Or they will look like this

So far I don't have a favorite author, but I have authors that I have enjoyed reading...

Dean Koontz
Willow Rose
Christy Barritt
Colleen Hoover
Stephen King

And there's more, but I can't remember them all right now.

I am currently reading The Vampires of Shadow Hills series

I am trying to read 100+ books this year. So far I'm at 4 and I started January 1st.

So far I don't have a favorite author, but I have authors that I have enjoyed reading...

Dean Koontz
Willow Rose
Christy Barritt
Colleen Hoover
Stephen King

And there's more, but I can't remember them all right now.

I am currently reading The Vampires of Shadow Hills series

I am trying to read 100+ books this year. So far I'm at 4 and I started January 1st.
Koontz and King fan here, too! I have lots of both authors' books, and have had many for years. 😊

I'm old school...I like physical books. The feel, the smell, the font/typeface, the paper...all are an important part of the experience and draw me in. eBooks seem impersonal and somewhat ephemeral to me.
I read on a kindle, it's easier for me to carry around in my purse and I can have more than 1 book on it.

Fair enough, but some of Koontz's storylines really resonated with me, like those in Watchers and Lightning. King has many fine stories that I also enjoy as movies, like The Stand.
I was mad at the last Koontz book I read. It felt like it ended before I even really got into it. I'm used to 400+ pages.

I just watch the new IT I thought it was funny, but maybe the book is better?

Who doesn't love a good read every now and then... Or Every. Single. Day 📖

Book Suggestions, Book Chat, Favorite Authors, ECT...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Topic Starter Questions (or create your own topic starter):

How many books have you read in a year?

What type of books do you read?

Who's your favorite author?

What's the last book you read?

When is the last time you read?

Do you read on a device or read actual books?

**IF POSTING SPOILERS** Use the spoiler option in the thread so it doesn't ruin anyone's reading

The spoilers will look like this

Or they will look like this

Currently, I'm reading two books. One that I own, Les Miserables and one that I'm borrowing called Nicholas and Alexandra.

I enjoy non fiction books, but if I'm going to read fiction, the story better be incredibly strong and well written. For example, the Harry Potter series was genius, however, I could not get through the first chapter of Twilight.

Favorite author would be a toss up between Jane Austen (perhaps because I'm a romantic), the Bronte sisters and J.K. Rowling.

Last book I read was Throne of Glass. It was okay. I found myself not quite convinced the main character was as professional in their vocation as the book tried to convey.

I read actual books. Nothing wrong with a device, I just don't feel like paying for one and having to remember to charge it etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom