It's About Time I Joined...

SandyAcres

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 10, 2013
Greensboro, Florida
I have to say thank you very much for all that you guys have done for me over the past couple of years. Whenever I needed help I came here first:) Fleas, sick chickens, even my Great Pyrenees!! I guess I'm not considered a "lurker" anymore? Any way, hello, and thanks again, you have saved more chickens than you know:)

We have 11 acres with 7 Delawares, 5 French Copper Marans, 3 Blue Copper Marans, 5 Turkens, 8 Bantam Barnevelders, 5 Dutch Mille Fleurs, 5 Frizzles and Mixes, 6 American Buff Geese, 19 Boer and Boer/Kiko Goats, 3 Guinea Hogs (with more arriving any day), 4 Great Pyrenees dogs, and 5 cats. (2 Pomeranians in the house - if you want a great small farm dogs, Poms are the way to go - they are wonderful with all the other animals - they even tolerate the Pyrs:)

Cindy

welcome-byc.gif

How could I forget our 5 turkeys? And their 30 little ones they just hatched?

I have to tell a story about a gentleman (and he is a very, very nice, quiet, shy, older gentleman) that brought me 4 dozen eggs he wanted me to incubate for him, which I did gladly. Well none of the eggs hatched, nor even had anything in them. I asked him if they were old, - No, they were all fresh and not washed. I just couldn't figure out what I did wrong - I am still a newbie at all this. Something was said about how many hens to roosters he had. His response was "You need a rooster to hatch chicks?" He had the hens, but no rooster!! It kind of boogled my mind, but it was extremely funny:) He was soooo embarrassed.

Back
Top Bottom