It's about to get crowded here

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by NickyPick, Apr 26, 2011.

1. NickyPick

NickyPick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Just got news that my sister & family (3 people, 2 dogs) will be moving in with us in June. She's currently jobless and his contract job just got cut down to 3 days a week! I'm so ticked at her former boss. Apparently the woman she replaced 2 years ago decided she wanted her old job back, so the boss started undermining my sister and tried to make her quit. I hate office politics!
    It's going to be interesting to see how their dogs react to my chicks (9 weeks old today). Not to mention seeing if my run is really as solid as I planned it to be.

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Good luck! [​IMG]

Hope your sister's family is back on its feet again, soon!

3. NickyPick

Sep 18, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Yep. 5 adults (2 Srs, 3 middles), 1 kindergardener and 5 dogs (1 ancient, 2 old and 2 3 year olds) in one house. It's definitely going to be interesting. Especially since the last time they visited, I didn't have chickens and I had a different dog (lost my Sophie a couple of weeks ago and have since added Melina, another Aussie, to the household). My nephew's dog, Irby, is a lab/shepherd mix that has the body of a greyhound and boy, she loves to run and jump. She's caught the doves mid flight from the bird feeder before, so this will be a major test of my chicken run.

4. greeneggsandham

greeneggsandham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Putnam,CT
    Quote:Did your sister get let go, laid off, or did she quit?

5. naakte

naakte Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Branson, missouri
    your poor Sister. That is just wrong!
    Donna in Branson

6. NickyPick

Sep 18, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    It was a "mutual resignation." [​IMG] She really wasn't given much of a choice.

7. greeneggsandham

greeneggsandham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Putnam,CT
    Quote:She should have contacted the labor board to see what her rights were. That boss should not have done what they did just because a former employee wanted their job back. Heck I would have gotten a lawyer involved.

8. NickyPick

Sep 18, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    That's what I said, but she's already looking on the bright side. Now they can move back down here, be closer to the whole family (and babysitters!!) and look for a job in Houston. We're all praying she gets something good and steady this time.
    I should have my nephew riding by himself by the end of the summer. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by