It's about to get crowded here

NickyPick

Songster
10 Years
Sep 18, 2010
Pine Valley (New Waverly), TX
Just got news that my sister & family (3 people, 2 dogs) will be moving in with us in June. She's currently jobless and his contract job just got cut down to 3 days a week! I'm so ticked at her former boss. Apparently the woman she replaced 2 years ago decided she wanted her old job back, so the boss started undermining my sister and tried to make her quit. I hate office politics!
It's going to be interesting to see how their dogs react to my chicks (9 weeks old today). Not to mention seeing if my run is really as solid as I planned it to be.

Good luck!
fl.gif

Hope your sister's family is back on its feet again, soon!

Yep. 5 adults (2 Srs, 3 middles), 1 kindergardener and 5 dogs (1 ancient, 2 old and 2 3 year olds) in one house. It's definitely going to be interesting. Especially since the last time they visited, I didn't have chickens and I had a different dog (lost my Sophie a couple of weeks ago and have since added Melina, another Aussie, to the household). My nephew's dog, Irby, is a lab/shepherd mix that has the body of a greyhound and boy, she loves to run and jump. She's caught the doves mid flight from the bird feeder before, so this will be a major test of my chicken run.

Quote:
She should have contacted the labor board to see what her rights were. That boss should not have done what they did just because a former employee wanted their job back. Heck I would have gotten a lawyer involved.

That's what I said, but she's already looking on the bright side. Now they can move back down here, be closer to the whole family (and babysitters!!) and look for a job in Houston. We're all praying she gets something good and steady this time.
I should have my nephew riding by himself by the end of the summer.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom