It's all love...

View attachment 1644021
View attachment 1644024 Wow, 3 months is a long time to keep chicks in the house! I booted my first batch out at 4 weeks. Now I have a coop that I designed so I'm able to brood chicks right outside inside the coop. Just in case case chicken math takes hold and you want to brood another batch, try this:
You Certainly Can Brood Chicks Outdoors
Integrating at 4 weeks old

I know exactly what you mean about "the look" other people give when you start talking about chickens. You are definitely in the right place now... we love chicken talk! And pictures too! You might enjoy reading this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/what-makes-a-crazy-chicken-lady-man.1285827/

Glad you decided to join us and best wishes with your flock!

Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 9.57.52 AM.png

3 months was a long time and an absolutely crazy amount of cleaning. I went through so much Pine Sol in that time period. ‍♀️ The reason was my husband really decided to change up the already built coop. Then there were some family emergencies. So, my girls ended up getting royal treatment.
Hi, Jonnie, and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined our community.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock! :welcomeBYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry. There is always space for members on the BYC roost!
:highfive: There are a lot of chicken breeds out there that make wonderful pets! Chickens are probably better therapy pets than any other.

Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Back
Top Bottom