Its all new to me

Dlm2plus

Chirping
Jun 26, 2022
Um ok I'm new to Chickens and posting so bear with me. I live on 15 acres in a small town in SC. I work fulltime and have 3 small rescue dogs. Not sure why I decided Chickens were a good idea. I couldn't decide what to get so thought I'd start with a small flock of bantams. I wanted 4-5, ordered 3, got 7. I gave 3 away to a friend who has a regular flock but shes given 1 back because it's so tiny. I have a gold placed cochin, a Dominique, a RI red and 2 old English crele game. Any advice is welcome.

Welcome!!:welcome
Sounds like you have a wonderful first flock!
Is the tiny one okay all healthy?
Healthy yes. Shes only been back with me since yesterday and my other girls are picking on her. So far she is holding her own. I'm trying to play mama hen and help her be accepted but I guess they'll figure out their own pecking order.

Healthy yes. Shes only been back with me since yesterday and my other girls are picking on her. So far she is holding her own. I'm trying to play mama hen and help her be accepted but I guess they'll figure out their own pecking order.
Just keep an eye on them all for a few days maybe, make sure they don’t attack her. Also, maybe put her on nutridrench, it can help them grow and become stronger

Welcome to the BYC family! Is your coop dog proof?
Yes and my dogs are never out without me. My buddies are so tiny, they are 8 weeks, I never let them free range without supervision (we are in the country so hawks abound). I tried to make their run everything proof!

Attachments

• 20220612_193201.jpg
    20220612_193201.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Yes and my dogs are never out without me. My buddies are so tiny, they are 8 weeks, I never let them free range without supervision (we are in the country so hawks abound). I tried to make their run everything proof!
Awesome! Did you make your cute sign?

Back
Top Bottom