It's been 22 hours

Thank you so much for your help. I'm sure I'm just stressing it to much.. I don't see the yawning anymore just the tip of the beak at times now. I understand there so tired I would be too just want it to be born so I can stop worrying. Thanks again.
You're totally fine. I get it. Hatching can be very worrisome. I think he's going to be ok. Give me a couple hours and I'll help you.

Is he ready? Don't help him out unless he has stopped yawning and there's no more veins.
I decided to just leave it an hope for the best. It's been fighting an still looks like it's chewing a bit so I don't want to hurt it thanks again for your help. Hopefully it hatches soon

So an update this baby chick is beautiful an perfect full of energy my children named it rocky lol. But something wierd I noticed I have a silkie possibly crossed but not sure it has 4 toes on one side 5 on the other. The rest I have are mostly barnyard mixes. My baby chick was born with 5 toes on each foot. Wierd right? I had one other chick hatch after that on the other egg I did have I believe it passed away inside the egg :( but at least I have too beautiful baby chicks to love.

Help what am I doing wrong :( feel so helpless my chick pipped 22 hours ago an still hasn't unzipped my incubator has been steady at 65% humidity now that I added a bit of water threw a filling hole 99.5 consistant temp. Still moving in egg I see it's beak moving. What do I do next? Thanks for everyone's help.
Did you incubate this egg in an incubator the whole time, or was it under a broody hen? Your humidity should be higher, like 70%. Give it until at least the 24 hour mark. I don't think it's ready. If you assist too soon it will die. What day is the egg on? Make sure you count the day after you set it as day 1.
Can you see it making any yawning/chewing motions?

At the moment yes it's the only egg as the ones that were incubated with this one turned out infertile. I will have a few more hatch Sunday. Yes temp is measured with 3 thermometers including two temps an humidity ones an a zoomed temp one.
Ok 👍 Sounds good.

Still nothing :( 24 hours later since the first pip looks like the inner part of shell is kinda dry but I could be wrong as I don't know. I can still see it's beak an it pokes it out hole off an on but not working on unzipping yet. Looks so tired :( I feel so bad for it.
They always look tired. I feel like this is often interpreted as them being weak, but that is hardly the case. Hatching is very hard work. I think he's doing fine. He's just taking his time. Is he still yawning? Once he quite yawning there's a step you can take to help him a bit, which I'll talk you through later. If he hasn't hatched by then.

Back
Top Bottom