It's been 22 hours

Cutebutsassy1

Songster
Aug 13, 2020
Help what am I doing wrong :( feel so helpless my chick pipped 22 hours ago an still hasn't unzipped my incubator has been steady at 65% humidity now that I added a bit of water threw a filling hole 99.5 consistant temp. Still moving in egg I see it's beak moving. What do I do next? Thanks for everyone's help.

Attachments

• IMG_20200814_150807628.jpg
    IMG_20200814_150807628.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 5
Help what am I doing wrong :( feel so helpless my chick pipped 22 hours ago an still hasn't unzipped my incubator has been steady at 65% humidity now that I added a bit of water threw a filling hole 99.5 consistant temp. Still moving in egg I see it's beak moving. What do I do next? Thanks for everyone's help.
Did you incubate this egg in an incubator the whole time, or was it under a broody hen? Your humidity should be higher, like 70%. Give it until at least the 24 hour mark. I don't think it's ready. If you assist too soon it will die. What day is the egg on? Make sure you count the day after you set it as day 1.
Can you see it making any yawning/chewing motions?

Did you incubate this egg in an incubator the whole time, or was it under a broody hen? Your humidity should be higher, like 70%. Give it until at least the 24 hour mark. I don't think it's ready. If you assist too soon it will die. What day is the egg on? Make sure you count the day after you set it as day 1.
Can you see it making any yawning/chewing motions?
Its on paper towel in an incubator. Yes deffenitly making that yawning chewing motion looks to be getting tired out now though :(

Do not do anything until it stops yawning/hewing. That means there's still yolk. They like to rest often. There's nothing more you can do for now.
Was it incubated under a broody or in the incubator?
X2! It is very hard to tell the best time to assist.

Do not do anything until it stops yawning/hewing. That means there's still yolk. They like to rest often. There's nothing more you can do for now.
Was it incubated under a broody or in the incubator?
An incubator thanks I really appreciate your help. First time incubating chicken eggs so it's scary and stressful an personally would rather not try to help it hatch. But will follow steps when I have too so I can save a chick.

Back
Top Bottom