It's been 26 years since I've had a bear in my house

I think it should be easy and simple to splice a hot wire onto my cow hot wire which runs just fifteen feet from my house on one end. Baited with something tasty, the bear will engage with it before barreling through a window.

I also removed my meal worm colony to a back bedroom and the window in that room will remain closed.

Clearly, this needs to be addressed as a high priority. This heat wave and no air conditioning prohibits keeping my windows closed.

I can relate. When we bought the house we live in now, we didn't have any air conditioning for the first couple of years. We lived with fans. We did put a system in. We couldn't put a regular AC system in because our ceiling is a cathedral ceiling so no place for ducting. We did invest in a wall mount system, but here in Florida when it starts to get hot we have months of hot. We used to spend our summers in Maine and there were hot days but eventually we would have some cooler weather, not nonstop heat like we have in Florida during the summer months. Good luck... I hope the bear doesn't try another window.

Bear hasn't been back. Yet. But I'm ready for the smelly beast. It was pretty easy screwing in insulators around my windows and doors, and then baiting them with peanut butter. I have a voltage tester and I get the full 10,000 by just splicing into the nearby hot wire that keeps the cows from leaving juicy landmines on my porch.
0E55CFAB-7A3F-4554-B1D0-17564D82C504.jpeg
DF4BDA4F-20CE-41DD-BB69-CF11B649ADB1.jpeg

The bear came back this evening while I was seeing to my newest pullets. The exact same time as when the bear showed up in my living room two nights ago.

This time, though, I caught sight of him while he was about 40 feet from the house. I went into the house and grabbed the shot-gun with rubber loads and the bear and I went for a little stroll, him leading. He kept stopping and looking at me, likely thinking that he won't get hurt because it didn't get hurt the time before.

Finally, he really posed for me, and I shot him butt good. He ran away as fast as his fat little legs would move him. All but one of the bears that I've shot with rubber loads, left and never returned.

Back
Top Bottom