Its Been So Long Since I've Painted, Help Me Get Going Again

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
First of all, I used to consider myself an artist with lots of other hobbies in life... then I got married and the wonderful man pushed me to do what I loved. Then I had my daughter and I wrapped my passion all up into her. Anyways, its been 3 years since I've done more then paint a wall in my house... and that was a solid wall!

Then all of a sudden a friend asked for a small mural, so I did it... then her mother-in-law got on me about a HUGE mural! So I'm nervous. She told me she was feeling something in blues and greys... something zen, calm... as its going to be the headboard of her bed in her master bedroom. I think the full size piece will be 8' long by 4' high minimum. I'm just here to get some motivation. You know, a push that I can go from not painting at all for years to doing something HUGE!!!

I want to come back and bounce some ideas off people when I can. I even got to sketching tonight and might want to share it....

Swift kick in the butt please!!!

(P.s. Its a NICE paying job which I need as well, so it'd be dumb to just say NO!!!)

you can do it. My father in law had not paint in year I mean years I have been with my husband for 12 year and know him since i was eight I didn't know he painted. last year he started back and they are great it all can back to him like he had never stop he is sell paint again and they are great. you can do get those paint out

Paint,
ya.gif
: Paint,
ya.gif
Paint,
ya.gif
Paint,
ya.gif
Paint,
ya.gif
Paint,

I have my colored pencils and markers where I could find them, but my paint and brush box is BURIED in the attic... this is going to be fun to dig out!!!
lol.png

I will photograph my sample sketch I'm thinking of, but man... just thinking how big this is, wow... butterflies in the gut!

Quote:
hi there its good your feeling the need to do something creative again .
tongue.png

i left it a while but came back to it. iv done a few murials and triied headboards too amongst otherthings
sometimes other parts of ur life get in the way but like others on the thread are gettin at is that u never forget and its in you.
be creative and sketchin is good to get the ideas going then elaborate more on that vision;)
its funny sometimes the more i plan and try and put pen to paper it just doesnt work
barnie.gif

but thats just me . so now i tend to just go in to painting straight on without sketchin anything
. and that can keep u on ur toes
gig.gif

but its all good , u enjoy the artwork and keep the paint flowing . regards steve
woot.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom