It's DONE ...

pacific23

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 25, 2011
Whitesboro , TX
Finished the coup today. The last thing I did was build the ramp and hang the water bucket and feeder then throw the pine shavings in. My chicks are about 6 weeks old right now and should be coming home tomorrow [ there at a buddies house/barn]

thumbsup.gif

Looks great!

It's 5' X 10' , 7' high in the front 6' high in the back. I used 73 2"X4"X8' , 4 sheets of 3/4" plywood for the box and nest boxes, 3 sheets of 1/2" plywood on the roof , 5 pieces of sheet metal on the roof , 3 sticks of drip ledge, 5lbs of 16d sinkers, 5lbs of screws, 100' roll of wire cloth, 2 pieces of 1/4" plexiglass, 20- 1"X4"s to cover stapelled mesh , 2 gallons of deck sealer, 22 cinder blocks, 22 8"X16"X2" concrete caps, 2"X4" heavy gage wire for run floor, scrap carpet over that then about 3" of sand from the back yard, 4 sets of hinges [one used], piece of vinyl flooring [ left over from friends work ] for coup floor, 3- 2"X6"X10' treated for base,
Will have 6 birds, 2 RR, 2 Rocks and 2 Blacks.
Now my wife wants to paint it to match the house, I told her we need to sell about 900 dozen eggs just to pay for what we have done so far. LOL Our grand kids are really looking forward to PaPa having yard birds and picking eggs.

Back
Top Bottom