It's finally here.......the Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance

ncarper

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
South Central Oklahoma
Well after months of deliberation I finally purchased my first incubator. Thanks to all the helpful posts and reviews I'm confident I made the correct choice. For all those interested I ordered it on Monday (2/22) and it arrived today (2/26). I purchased it directly from Brinsea for $299 + $24 shipping. I'm not quite ready for my first run yet. I'm still deciding on whether or not I want to hatch some of my own (RIR Cross) or try a different breed. Any input would be appreciated. I will give a more complete review once I actually get to use it.

25028_img_3543.jpg

Quote:
Hi there!!! I have the Brinsea Octagon 20 (not advance) and was wondering that the difference is that makes it $200 more - does it come with a turner (which is $50 extra). I paid $183 for the batorm, turner and shipping and we are thinking about getting another one. Just curious!

It was a hard decision for me. I really liked the price of the 20, but I wanted the extra features of the advance. The advance has a digital readout of temperature and humidity, allows the user to adjust the temperate and even has a high and low temp alarm. It also has the capability of adding brinsea's automatic humidity pump and control. I know these features are a little costly, but I believe they will be worth it.

I have the Brinsea Eco 20 and love it. Am finishing up a hatch as we speak. I've heard, and had the experience that home-made babies give you a much better hatch rate than shipped eggs. Maybe for your first run, you could try it out on some home-grown (IE FREE) eggs, the go for something more expensive. It's a great bator and you will love it.

Many years ago I bought the pro 20 with auto humidity module. They dont even sell it anymore. I paid around $550 for it and it sat for a few years before I cranked it up and started using it last year. I love it. I just set everything, and it does all the work for me. I just need to make sure to keep water in the cup connected to the pump. I do keep an extra hygrometer on top of the eggs. Its fluctuated more than normal this hatch. Maybe cause the dry winter weather followed by lots of rain, then dry again. You cant go wrong with a Brinsea.

You will love it! I have the brinsea eco 20, and an r-com suro completely digital. I will only buy another incubator that is fully digital, and keeps the humidity set for me - I think the extra $ is worth those features
smile.png
I'm currently saving up for the Brinsea Ova-easy 190 with humidity pump... Can't wait for construction to pick up (we're in electrical contracting) so I can get my incubator!

Mine has the turner and the humidity pump.

I'm going to have to pull it out in April and do another hatch. My New Years chicks are 8 weeks old today.

Back
Top Bottom