It's fuzzy butt mania!!!(now with pics)

wvcruffler

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Elkins, WV
The eggs started hatching last night (just one or two) which would be 12 hours early. Then today the eggs are nearly exploding with chicks. They are much better looking chicks than the last incubation earlier in the summer. Looks like about 80% or so, which for shipped eggs is excellent!
Dr.Phil
100_0152.jpg

100_0153.jpg

What is up with this guy? did his egg not get rolled enough? Neck is weird.
100_0154.jpg

100_0155.jpg

this last one has a raw wingtip. He may be removed tomorrow.
100_0156.jpg

Last edited:
OK, now there are pics. One has a weird neck. Another has a tiny stub for a wing that the others are picking at. I may place him elsewhere tomorrow if it is still bleeding. Note a few really pretty blue chicks and as few my daughter calls "chipmunks".
Phil

Aaah! Who knew they fit though the chicken wire! These little chicks decided I was a deadly threat this morning and dove through the back of the brooder chicken wire. I was chasing 11 little fuzzy chicks (who are startlingly fast actually) around my garage floor. I think I caught all but 2 who I couldn't find right away. My wife found one a few minutes later. Once I get back today (early afternoon) I will locate the other and then fix the plastic cover down with staples. The little blue black chicks are edgy!
Phil

Back
Top Bottom